Tiffin Girls School - 2018 outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sauvignon123

Re: Tiffin Girls School - 2018 outcome

Post by Sauvignon123 »

Thanks for replying. I do appreciate that we may not be given her specific score but it seems crazy we can't be told whether she would have got in or not, if we had placed it first preference. She sat Stage 2 and so must have marks. As I said, it would seem the only way to find out would be to ask to join the waiting list to see what her position would be.
Elky

Post by Elky »

I don't think they will give out scores for anyone except waiting list people (and then only in order to manage expectations of those on the waiting list). The thing is, maybe you just want to know because you are interested but the school cannot tell if you are then going to go and brag to others about your daughter's score. That would be pretty awful behaviour and I suspect they are keen to not give people who don't need them points of comparison. The waiting list people do need that as they need to be realistic with their daughters about what might happen next.

DD got a Tiffin offer, which we have declined, and did not get her mark even though it was her top choice amongst the state schools we applied to.
Sauvignon123

Post by Sauvignon123 »

Yes, you may well be right that it's about avoiding people bragging. I really have no interest in doing so and, as I said, appreciate I don't need to know specific score. It just seems a shame that my daughter, having sat Stage 2 test, has no idea whether she qualified or not, just because we put TGS second preference rather than first. I do appreciate we're lucky to have been given first preference and so maybe we just have to accept we'll never know outcome of Stsge Two test!
hellothere

Post by hellothere »

Same here- we also out it as our second preference and got our first and I was wondering how she did.
I won't bother to try and found out now as it doesn't look like they will tell us.
bee4

Post by bee4 »

Hi

Any one got an offer on the second round? or waiting list position please? We haven't heard anything yet.
ksrkuk

Post by ksrkuk »

Finally all waiting is over, My DD got offer from TG today afternoon and email from TG
"We are delighted to tell you that you will shortly be receiving an offer of a secondary school place for your daughter at The Tiffin Girls’ School in September 2018. This offer will come to you directly from your local authority. The School will be closed for the Easter holiday from today so this is simply a courtesy email to let you know that a place has become available for your daughter and we do hope you will accept it after you receive the offer from your local authority."

Best of luck for everyone waiting
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Happy for you and your DD. :D :D

Cut-off is down to at least 105.6, reading post from mk81 on another thread. If any one has secured a place at lower score, please update here for the benefit of all those on TGS WL.

Congrats, mk81.
jennifer1

Post by jennifer1 »

We received an offer this afternoon with a score of 105.5 - we live within a couple of miles of the school. Good luck to others waiting.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Thanks for the update, Jennifer. Well done to your DD.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Good luck to bee4 and those who are still on the waiting list. Congratulations to the daughters of ksrkuk, mk81 and jennifer1 and thank you for sharing the news and scores with the board.

Did anyone else get an offer yesterday?

Also, as a practical way to help the school fund-raise, please register an easyfundraising account so the school’s music department can benefit from your online purchases. Every girl does music for at least three years and many stay involved with music ensembles and choirs the whole way through school. There’s a link in my signature. Free donations are available for purchases from thousands of sites including Amazon, Asda, eBay, Sainsburys, hotel bookings, insurance companies... For example, if you follow the instructions and visit that webpage just before you buy your uniform online from John Lewis, the school gets free money (at no cost to you). It really adds up. Thank you.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now