Tiffin Girls School - 2018 outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stateschoolman

Re: Tiffin Girls School - 2018 outcome

Post by stateschoolman »

Ok.. now I give up.

Please assume I was wrong, do not use the formulas :-

Rank/Score Position = 448 * ( 1 - NORMDIST(SCORE, 100, 15, TRUE))

Rank/Score Position = 542 * ( 1 - NORMDIST(SCORE, 100, 15, TRUE))

Speak to the school for waiting lists.
bee4

Post by bee4 »

Exact wording on the letter
All papers were marked manually. All marking had appropriate checking procedures.

X's Stage Two Test mark is calculated from her standardised marks in the English and Maths papers. Standardised marks take account of raw marks and age. The Stage Two Test mark simply allows us to rank all those who took the tests in order to apply our selection criteria. The highest possible Stage Two Test mark was 140. The qualifying mark currently filling the 180th place is 106.5.
Oobedo

Post by Oobedo »

My daughter got her first choice and she named Tiffin Girls as third on her list. Will we receive the score for her second stage test of Tiffin anyway? Not overley important given she has first choice school but it would be interesting to see the score.
mk81

Post by mk81 »

Congratulations to all DDs and their parents for securing a place at Tiffin Girls.

Unfortunately we did not get our offer. DD has a score of 105.6, so looking at Stroller's valuable sticky, we are hopeful and are keeping our fingers crossed.

Best of luck to all the other parents who are in the same situation as us.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

bee4 wrote:Exact wording on the letter
All papers were marked manually. All marking had appropriate checking procedures.

X's Stage Two Test mark is calculated from her standardised marks in the English and Maths papers. Standardised marks take account of raw marks and age. The Stage Two Test mark simply allows us to rank all those who took the tests in order to apply our selection criteria. The highest possible Stage Two Test mark was 140. The qualifying mark currently filling the 180th place is 106.5.
Thank you, bee4.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

mk81 wrote:Unfortunately we did not get our offer. DD has a score of 105.6, so looking at Stroller's valuable sticky, we are hopeful and are keeping our fingers crossed.
Glad the sticky is useful. Although past performance is no guarantee of how things will work this time, in the years for which I compiled available waiting list snippets, the list always dropped by more than you’ll need. I suspect it’s very likely that your daughter will get an offer. Hang in there - good luck!
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Has the school said when you can find out your position on the waiting list?

mk81

Post by mk81 »

Thanks Stroller. Yes the email says

" We will be happy to confirm ****'s waiting list position after the Easter holiday if you have not received an offer by that time."
Sauvignon123

Post by Sauvignon123 »

I have the same question as oobedo upthread, I.e. Can I find out my daughter's score even if she didn't put TGS first preference, would be grateful if anyone has any knowledge? My daughter was given her first preference (we had put TGS second because my daughter preferred the co-ed school but there was a high probability we wouldn't get in on distance). While I am delighted with the outcome, I would like to know whether my daughter would have got into TGS or not. The school say that they can't tell me because she got a higher preference. My Council originally said that she must have qualified because otherwise she would have received a letter from school but are now saying that only the school could confirm this. It would appear that if I asked for her to go on the waiting list then I would find out her position but we are happy with the first preference and so that would seem crazy and mess around people who genuinely want a place from the wait list which I obviously don't want to do. Surely it isn't unreasonable for TGS to confirm whether my daughter was within the highest ranking 180 scores?
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Sauvignon123 wrote:I have the same question as oobedo upthread, I.e. Can I find out my daughter's score even if she didn't put TGS first preference, would be grateful if anyone has any knowledge? My daughter was given her first preference (we had put TGS second because my daughter preferred the co-ed school but there was a high probability we wouldn't get in on distance). While I am delighted with the outcome, I would like to know whether my daughter would have got into TGS or not. The school say that they can't tell me because she got a higher preference. My Council originally said that she must have qualified because otherwise she would have received a letter from school but are now saying that only the school could confirm this. It would appear that if I asked for her to go on the waiting list then I would find out her position but we are happy with the first preference and so that would seem crazy and mess around people who genuinely want a place from the wait list which I obviously don't want to do. Surely it isn't unreasonable for TGS to confirm whether my daughter was within the highest ranking 180 scores?
I doubt they will give you the score. It was our first preference and we were offered it but have not been given our score and I don't believe we ever will.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now