Tiffin School - 2018 outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SS2017

Re: Tiffin School - 2018 outcome

Post by SS2017 »

tiffinboys wrote:Every year is different and we can't predict the decisions of other parents. But based on previous years, hang on and have faith. Your DC might just get the place. Some years, places become available even after the start of the academic year. Good Luck.
Thanks for your advise. When we called to School last week to find out about WL, they mentioned that it is unlikely my DS get an offer, hence we gave up. But I understand School staff view point as well.
Good2701

Post by Good2701 »

SS2017 wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:Every year is different and we can't predict the decisions of other parents. But based on previous years, hang on and have faith. Your DC might just get the place. Some years, places become available even after the start of the academic year. Good Luck.
Thanks for your advise. When we called to School last week to find out about WL, they mentioned that it is unlikely my DS get an offer, hence we gave up. But I understand School staff view point as well.[/quote
@SS2017 My DS WL has gone up but really can't say if there will be any further movement. This year even QE boys has moved only to 15 and same goes with private schools. I am not too sure if the WL will move even 3-5 places. Fingers crossed.
@Tiffinboys Grateful if you could share some insider information if you have one.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

No inside information.

You are right that WL movement has been generally slow this year. But I still feel that few more places would come up by end of this month and then before start of the academic year.

My guess, no inside information. :wink:
Good2701

Post by Good2701 »

tiffinboys wrote:No inside information.

You are right that WL movement has been generally slow this year. But I still feel that few more places would come up by end of this month and then before start of the academic year.

Thanks Tiffinboys. Keep your fingers crossed till September is the mantra.
Good2701

Post by Good2701 »

Good2701 wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:No inside information.

Thanks Tiffinboys. Keep your fingers crossed till September is the mantra.
Thanks Tiffinboys and everyone else. My DS got an offer and we have accepted the same.

All the best to everyone else.
kath001

Post by kath001 »

@SS2017 hope you are doing well, if you don't mind can you please let us know if your DS was offered place at Tiffins?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now