Waiting lists experiences

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
RuedeWakening

Re: Waiting lists experiences

Post by RuedeWakening »

As far as I know most (all?) of the Sutton grammars have the first x places allocated based on score - which may include some IC children - then the rest allocated from the IC list.

My DD got a place at WHSG from the places allocated on score, even though she was also ranked on the IC list and the IC FSM list - at least judging by the scores people here said their children got OOC offers for on allocations day.
heaven18

Post by heaven18 »

mum_2017 wrote:
heaven18 wrote:
mum_2017 wrote:Any updates on waiting list from Wilson’s , Sutton this year ?
Seems unlike every year , there has been quite a bit of movement in Wilson’s this year in spite of them offering seats more than their intake initially .
Any updates on Sutton and Wallington ?
Hi mum_2017,
My son was offered a place in sgs last week he was on 2nd position on ic, he came down from 24 to 14 on ooc list. There has been a lot of movement in wallington as well as far as I know 32 places have been offered from the waiting list. Hope it helps. Thanks

Congrats Heaven18 . I can imagine you must be much relaxed now . I am sure we will see or meet at Sutton school someday .Wilson’s has also
Moved 12 places from The waiting this year . I was not much aware about Wallington . How does the waiting list work for Sutton ? You mentioned IC 2nd and 14th in OOC . So every child is given an IC rank as well as a OOC ranking is it ?
We are currently OOC . We
Don’t come under the priority postcodes yet so was wondering . Just curious that’s all .

Once again congratulations to you and your son .
Thanks very much mum_2017, tiffinboys has explained very well here about ic and ooc, yes definitely we’ll meet in Sutton fingers crossed for you x , really wish the best to all ds they have worked so hard and deserve the best.
schuetzsj

Post by schuetzsj »

After much debate and trial runs of our son's long commute etc., we've just given a Wilson's place in favour of a private school scholarship that is much more local. Apologies to those waiting for slowness, but hopefully this will be a late happy surprise for someone.
reachusha

Post by reachusha »

Will there be any movement on the waiting list during the summer break or after the start of the school year?
Any previous experiences?
Thanks.
sanpoolo

Post by sanpoolo »

my son got 473 for Wilson and passed the SGS and WGS . We are in catchment area .

Can you pleases share the last year details- who passed only SGS and WGS and got the place in SGS
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now