Waiting lists experiences

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2018allocation

Re: Waiting lists experiences

Post by 2018allocation »

RainbowStars wrote:
2018allocation wrote:Received email from non such today with her rank. Any idea how far does the waiting list moves. My daughters is below 80 should I be optimistic or not ??
No idea. All Ive seen is that OOC score by Sept was 287 I be

Congratulations 2018allocation - that's great news. Are you ooc? If so please can you share your score?
Thanks
My DD OOC score was 292 and I believe there have been more OOC offers since.
mum_2017

Post by mum_2017 »

Any updates on waiting list from Wilson’s , Sutton this year ?
Seems unlike every year , there has been quite a bit of movement in Wilson’s this year in spite of them offering seats more than their intake initially .
Any updates on Sutton and Wallington ?
heaven18

Post by heaven18 »

mum_2017 wrote:Any updates on waiting list from Wilson’s , Sutton this year ?
Seems unlike every year , there has been quite a bit of movement in Wilson’s this year in spite of them offering seats more than their intake initially .
Hi mum_2017,
My son was offered a place in sgs last week he was on 2nd position on ic, he came down from 24 to 14 on ooc list. There has been a lot of movement in wallington as well as far as I know 32 places have been offered from the waiting list. Hope it helps. Thanks
heaven18

Post by heaven18 »

Hello everyone,
I’m updating here to help parents this year and for future as well.
My son was offered a place in sgs last week he was on 2nd position on ic, he came down from 24 to 14 on ooc list.
There has been a lot of movement in wallington as well as far as I know 32 places have been offered from the waiting list.
Thanks for all the support and advice everyone. Wishing good luck to all. :)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

heaven18 wrote:Hello everyone,
I’m updating here to help parents this year and for future as well.
My son was offered a place in sgs last week he was on 2nd position on ic, he came down from 24 to 14 on ooc list.
There has been a lot of movement in wallington as well as far as I know 32 places have been offered from the waiting list.
Thanks for all the support and advice everyone. Wishing good luck to all. :)
Which school offered place to your DS? Sorry, it is not clear from the above post.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

OP says SGS - Sutton Grammar School.
mum_2017

Post by mum_2017 »

heaven18 wrote:
mum_2017 wrote:Any updates on waiting list from Wilson’s , Sutton this year ?
Hi mum_2017,
My son was offered a place in sgs last week he was on 2nd position on ic, he came down from 24 to 14 on ooc list. There has been a lot of movement in wallington as well as far as I know 32 places have been offered from the waiting list. Hope it helps. Thanks

Congrats Heaven18 . I can imagine you must be much relaxed now . I am sure we will see or meet at Sutton school someday .Wilson’s has also
Moved 12 places from The waiting this year . I was not much aware about Wallington . How does the waiting list work for Sutton ? You mentioned IC 2nd and 14th in OOC . So every child is given an IC rank as well as a OOC ranking is it ?
We are currently OOC . We
Don’t come under the priority postcodes yet so was wondering . Just curious that’s all .

Once again congratulations to you and your son .
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

Congrats Heaven18 . I can imagine you must be much relaxed now . I am sure we will see or meet at Sutton school someday .Wilson’s has also
Moved 12 places from The waiting this year . I was not much aware about Wallington . How does the waiting list work for Sutton ? You mentioned IC 2nd and 14th in OOC . So every child is given an IC rank as well as a OOC ranking is it ?
Don’t come under the priority postcodes yet so was wondering . Just curious that’s all .

If you're in a priority postcode area you get an IC (in catchment) ranking as well as an OOC (out of catchment) ranking. If you're outside the priority postcode area, you only have an OOC ranking.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

RuedeWakening wrote:

If you're in a priority postcode area you get an IC (in catchment) ranking as well as an OOC (out of catchment) ranking. If you're outside the priority postcode area, you only have an OOC ranking.
So is that actually one list that only IC boys can be on, which is taken from if the space vacated is IC, with another list that all boys are ranked on? Surely if there is a division of addresses into IC and OOC, each address is either in one or the other?

Does the policy say something like; first x places allocated on score only to those IC, then the rest of the places allocated on score, regardless on place of residence (so IC boys not in the top x would still be eligible for one of the 'rest of' the places)?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

For Sutton Grammar School, it is other way round. First x places to open list and then remaining places to IC applicants. As such, an IC candidate would be higher in IC WL than open list WL. For example, 2nd in IC WL is 14th in open WL.

https://fluencycontent-schoolwebsite.ne ... insert.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another peculiarity is SGS banding policy. Effectively, there would be much higher number of IC candidates in school than it would seem, as high scoring IC could get places from open list. Also in the last band for open list, IC would get preference.