Wilsons September 2018-Any one interested travel F Hounslow?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Wilsons September 2018-Any one interested travel F Houns

Post by ToadMum »

Mittleme wrote:yes true it takes a brave person-
I have gained valuable advise from this forum since joining especially with last minute vital decisions - people can still consider changing their minds if theres a choice with the advise given by some here .

but what i don't understand is why the schools don't place a restriction on distance in the application if they are putting in their FAQ's that 1 hour/45mins is the maximum journey kids should be making because they must know some of us are definitely not taking to that advise.( and am not excluding myself)

i mean its Ok if there are no good grammar schools where you live because for some ( i included) its got to be grammar or Indie

even as an adult when applying for jobs distance is key . the only job i would consider even applying for that takes a journey of over 1 hr is contract work being what it is x2.5 of what i am on as a permanent staff how much more a child

anyway different things for different folks .
In the normal course of events, the admissions criteria for schools limit the distances children will travel to get to them. And schools which admit mainly or entirely on the results of an entrance exam might assume that parents might actually include 'is it feasible for my DC to get there and back without adding almost the same length of time again to their day as they will be spending in lessons?' in their deliberations and come to a sensible conclusion. Just because something isn't not allowed, it doesn't mean that one should actually do it.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mittleme

Re: Wilsons September 2018-Any one interested travel F Houns

Post by Mittleme »

ToadMum [quote][/quote]

Just because something isn't not allowed, it doesn't mean that one should actually do it.

True. it goes without saying .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now