Tiffin girls/Nonsuch comparison

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mintmallow

Tiffin girls/Nonsuch comparison

Post by Mintmallow »

Hi,

I know there are old threads on comparing the two schools, but would be useful if anyone has girls at these schools that could give up to date/recent feedback on what these schools are like and their differences and any strengths and possible weaknesses?

I know they are both excellent schools and we are lucky enough to be in catchment for both and although the results are not out yet, it would be helpful to have any help from others on what the schools are like. My daughter is having difficulty in putting these two in the order she would like, one minute preferring Tiffin and then changing her mind. I don’t mind either and ultimately I want to leave the decision to her, but any info and knowledge that I can let her know about the schools would be useful. Both will have similar journey times.

Please if anyone has up to date knowledge, please post here.

Many thanks.
bridge

Re: Tiffin girls/Nonsuch comparison

Post by bridge »

I have daughters at both. However one is only in Y7 (other in Y12) so I cannot really give a good comparison. IMO I would say they are too similar to pick one on school/education etc reasons. I would pick them for other reasons - ease of travel etc. Although I have not looked at the results of exams I would assume that Tiffin comes out on top as it attracts the harder workers. It seems to be the school everyone aims for where we live. If there is a difference in results it will be marginal as plenty of bright/hard working girls are out of catchment in the Nonsuch direction. Both schools will provide a very similar experience.
Mintmallow

Re: Tiffin girls/Nonsuch comparison

Post by Mintmallow »

Thanks @bridge. This is going to be a difficult decision, should we be fortunate enough to be able to put both schools on the CAF. Great that you get to see what both of these schools are like.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now