Wallington Girls - which subjects and which format?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
viejita

Wallington Girls - which subjects and which format?

Post by viejita »

Hi

New to here and so my apologies if this has been asked before.

My daughter is just finishing year 4 and we plan to start home tutoring her and I believe I need to know what subjects she would be taking the exams in and in which format, standard or multiple choice. If anyone can guide me that would be gratefully appreciated.

Secondly, has anyone any experience of the practice books out there? Was CGP good? Bond? Or are there others that are more appropriate, especially for the Sutton exams?

Thanks in advance
tiffinboys

Re: Wallington Girls - which subjects and which format?

Post by tiffinboys »

Have you checked school's website for information on entrance tests?

Also there are several threads in this region for test preparation, mocks etc. You need to search and jhave a look at those threads as well.

Good Luck and do not overdo with preparation.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

English and maths, in both multiple choice and standard form.

We used CGP along with some others. But at this point in year 4, all we were doing was drilling times tables - 100 questions in 4 minutes - to drive those home. We used a website to generate worksheets for it.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

The Sutton schools set their own papers so you can't buy books that are definitely the same content as the exams. You also can't get past papers. That said, the exams seem to be curriculum content in maths and English. We used Bond books to prepare but you would probably need to aim to be at a higher level than the "age 10-11" books by the end of year 5, even though year 5 is the age 9-10 year. The exams are early in year 6 but seem to cover content that most schools would aim to cover of the whole year.

Don't panic though, you have plenty of time.