Tiffins boys catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rd2312

Tiffins boys catchment

Post by rd2312 »

For entry in Sept 2020 has Tiffins boys reduced the catchment to 10km? I was told Ashford is now out of the catchment area.

Or is it still within outer catchment. Too many people say its now out completely. Please advice.
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffins boys catchment

Post by tiffinboys »

TS has only determined its admission policy for 2019 intake so far. 2020 arrangements would be determined in Feb 2019.

You could check your address in google maps or freemap tools, using option radius from UK post code.
https://www.freemaptools.com/radius-fro ... stcode.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TS now has 2 catchments.
Inner, which is 10 km radius from school gate.
Outer, which is 14 km radius, as before.

Ashford address would still be in Outer priority area, if not in inner priority area, if it was in current catchment. Some of Ashford addresses, close to Sunbury and Feltham, may still be in inner priority area.

Chances for candidates in outer priority area would now be slim due to new priorities for PP children and inner priority area.
rpl

Post by rpl »

I think this change in the catchment is now a done deal. We live in central Ashford, close to station, and now 2 km too far to be in inner catchment area. Planning to move to closer to M3 (like Sunbury, Lower Feltham, Hampton) in order to increase changes for TS. My older one will sit in the exam in 2019 for 2020 admission.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

One of the stated intentions of the proposed expansion of PAN to 240 for 2021 entry
To help meet the need for more secondary places in Kingston and the surrounding areas

http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/adm ... ansion.pdf
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Peridot_

Post by Peridot_ »

Hoping that you may still see this although the original post was a few months ago now.
Some one has said that the chances are slim on getting in via outer priority, is this the first year they’ve used this method? Trying to weigh up my options on whether or not it’s worth my sons tutoring and sitting the exams for 2020 admissions if his chances are so slim (that’s depending on the admissions policy not becoming even more difficult) many thanks
ExTiffinDad

Post by ExTiffinDad »

Email this year on 1st round of allocations said all places filled from Inner Priority Area
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now