Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:50 am 

Hi,
My dd sat for this last weekend and just got her results back.
She scored about 78% for Math and 85% for English.
Long shot but..
Just wondering if anyone else had done it last year and if their dd got into Tiffin girls or Nonsuch, what their mock results were? She scored slightly above the average and the scores weren’t standardised. Understand that the students doing the tests would be different but just wanted to get a feel for what scores we need to be aiming for!
We have a few more mock tests to go, so hoping for some insights on these.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:02 am 

zilin1712 wrote:
Understand that the students doing the tests would be different but just wanted to get a feel for what scores we need to be aiming for!

I have never heard of the mock you mention, but wanted to point out that knowing what others score in a mock makes little difference at this stage. For example, even if one random person online says the magic number is 88%, you’re not going to tell your daughter to aim for 89% and then put down the pen.

Read the instructions on the paper. Read each question carefully. Answer as many as possible, as accurately as possible. Don’t get stuck - move on. Although admission tests are challenging, in reality she doesn’t need to get every answer right. Keep calm, keep going. Every mark counts. Good luck.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:59 pm 

Well said, Stroller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:28 pm 

I can’t remember my son’s score as he did the mock tests last year. I thought their feedback was quite useful and it helped him to polish his writing skills for the 2nd Stage. I think if you call them, they can tell you more about her results and chances. However, I believe you should not rely on mock test results.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:49 am 

Did they give you her position in the cohort that took the same papers she took and did they give you feedback on the ones she got wrong?

You are better to focus on working through the feedback and her weak areas at this point.

There is nothing you can do about the other applicants and how much work they have been doing.

The schools have no idea who is doing what so just focus on your dd doing the best she can do. DG