How did yours get on with the Sutton SET?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Golddust99

How did yours get on with the Sutton SET?

Post by Golddust99 »

My son found English ok but ran out of time on the maths, which is usually his best subject, and had to guess about 10 questions. How did yours find it? Anxiously waiting for Tuesday to come!
streathammum

Re: How did yours get on with the Sutton SET?

Post by streathammum »

My DD found the maths really hard. We haven't really got an answer from her about how many maths questions she missed but it could be as many as half. Not overly optimistic about the result.
Golddust99

Post by Golddust99 »

I've read a few other posts saying their kids found the maths really hard so hopefully it was meant to be extra hard to test them more. Fingers crossed
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Finished the English but only managed 31 maths questions before running out of time. But tbh this has been the way in all practice papers too. DD said it was hard but the same sort of hard as practice papers. Haven't been able to squeeze anything more specific out of her unfort.
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

Same with my child - 11 questions left in maths part when the time was up. Completed English within the time given.

When do we know the outcome?
rukmesh

Post by rukmesh »

I think we know tomorrow.. keeping fingers crossed
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

I heard from someone that it could come a day early and it did last time! Not sure how far that is true though!
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

My DS sat two years ago and I think the results of the SET did come a day early then. BUT I also think - from memory - that the results were due to come after eight days rather than seven so if we get the results tomorrow it would be after the same amount of time as it was two years ago. (Hope that makes sense.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now