SET Satge 1 Results Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

newdud

SET Satge 1 Results Day

Post by newdud »

The Sutton Stage 1 SET is tomorrow

Does anyone know when the results will be released?
I am sure it is somewhere in one of the school websites, but my head is not working straight today :roll:
ilovemykids2018

Re: SET Satge 1 Results Day

Post by ilovemykids2018 »

I just checked emails from when my DS did his 1st stage about 4 years ago and I was sent his results about a week later, so possibly Tuesday 25th - this is purely based on assumption, the system may have changed now.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ilovemykids2018 wrote:I just checked emails from when my DS did his 1st stage about 4 years ago and I was sent his results about a week later, so possibly Tuesday 25th - this is purely based on assumption, the system may have changed now.
From the FAQs on the Sutton Grammar School website:

When and how do I find out the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test?

You will receive an email during Tuesday 25 September 2018 with the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test.  

No information regarding ranking will be given. No review service or re-mark of papers will be available.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

Hi ,
Does anyone know what % of children go to the next stage?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

I think it is around 30%.
CSB

Post by CSB »

This is from Sutton council's transfer to secondary school booklet.

Boys:
Number of male candidates at Selective Eligibility Test for September 2018: 2874
Number of candidates at second stage test for Sutton Grammar/Wilson's for September 2018: 998 (35%)

Girls:
Number of female candidates at Selective Eligibility Test for September 2018: 2409
Number of candidates at second stage test for Nonsuch/Wallington Girls for September 2018: 965 (40%)
CSB

Post by CSB »

In terms of results timing - last year the emails started to come through after midday on results day.
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

Thanks CSB thats very useful.
Interesting that it was 35% for the boys and 40% for the girls?
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Super nervous about the results. Do they publish results only on the announced day? Someone said last year they started sending emails a day in advance.. is this true????
4mykids

Post by 4mykids »

Gee9876 wrote:Thanks CSB thats very useful.
Interesting that it was 35% for the boys and 40% for the girls?
Don’t forget, the figures relate to the number of children that took the respective tests as opposed to the numbers that passed.

Therefore it could just be that fewer boys decided to sit the second stage test for some reason. For example, some may have decided that having passed the SET and being eligible for a place at WCGS, they didn’t want to sit another exam for Wilson’s/Sutton Grammar?
There is also the fact that some pupils are known to sit the exams as free mocks for other schools and have no intention of going to any of the Sutton Grammar Schools which skews the figures a little.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now