Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:56 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:54 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 pm
Posts: 17
How was the round 2 experience for the morning lot ? My daughter found both the papers quite tough !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Posts: 32
DD enjoyed the creative writing although I’m worried she got too caught up to use enough descriptive language. The maths was hard and she didn’t finish - that’s our main concern.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Posts: 11
KingstonMama wrote:
DD enjoyed the creative writing although I’m worried she got too caught up to use enough descriptive language. The maths was hard and she didn’t finish - that’s our main concern.




Maths was tough


Last edited by shakira on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Posts: 32
I'm not sure if we can/should say what they did for creative in case anyone still yet to take the test due to illness today?


Last edited by KingstonMama on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:07 pm
Posts: 82
Shakira, I don't think you should've revealed the creative writing task as it will give an unfair advantage to the children who will write at a later date.

Hope moderators can delete your message.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Posts: 11
newto11+ wrote:
Shakira, I don't think you should've revealed the creative writing task as it will give an unfair advantage to the children who will write at a later date.

Hope moderators can delete your message.



Sorry, I didn't know this. I think it been edited by moderators, and also I was under impression . WHSG and Non such stage 2 are done today. so i didn't think of it being unfair to anyone sitting stage 2 :-/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 pm
Posts: 21
2nd stage tests were today but some children sit on later days due to illness etc, please do not reveal any content as it does give the children an advantage, even if they know the maths is hard/easy - the children who sat today had no idea what to expect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:28 pm
Posts: 11
ilovemykids2018 wrote:
2nd stage tests were today but some children sit on later days due to illness etc, please do not reveal any content as it does give the children an advantage, even if they know the maths is hard/easy - the children who sat today had no idea what to expect.



that's true, didn't realise the illness kids bit. been edited


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:47 pm
Posts: 41
My DD found the maths exam really challenging :( English was definitely better of the two. Really not sure about the outcome now based on her feedback as I understand that in the 2nd stage you need to pass both exams in order to qualify. It's a long waiting process now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:10 am
Posts: 4
Wallington & Nonsuch second round was bit tough for my daughter.
She didn’t do working out for Maths because she said space was not enough.
And other kids said it was not necessary to show working out. So, I am bit confused.
:(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Marfa, sweetnhappy1 and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018