Tiffin Girls Stage 1 exam today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KingstonMama

Re: Tiffin Girls Stage 1 exam today

Post by KingstonMama »

I wondered with DD having a seat number of two thousand and something if this was an indicator of above 2000 girls taking the test, although not sure if it was linked in this way or some other way of numbering the girls was used.
Molita75

Post by Molita75 »

I spoke to one of the teachers in the morning and she said that there are about 1200 doing it in the morning - I guess as many in the afternoon so its probably around 2500 at the most.
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

How can the numbers double from last year to now?

Also, my DD tells me there were girls from essex and places she hasnt heard of, that are apparently 2 hours away from tiffin.
The girls said if they pass they will move closer. How does this work with Tiffin as they have an ‘inner area’ and ‘designated area’ which you need to be living in by the CAF deadline?

Unless I am misunderstanding something?
kprad35

Post by kprad35 »

SO today I understood how it works.Stage 1 does not consider encatchment area.Only during stage 2 marking , encatchment rules comes into play.So if your kids gets short listed in for stage 2, you can always get your address updated before stage 2 marking. All grammar school follows this rule.It can become unfair if the person does not move address after being shortlisted.
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

So people are willing to relocate on the basis that their DD has passed stage 1? Wow
Molita75

Post by Molita75 »

Those would be families who rent and do not own a property.. otherwise cannot be done so fast
kprad35

Post by kprad35 »

But there is a risk here as most of the time people move temporarily So school may enforce encatchment rule from stage 1 itself in future.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

According to the admission criteria (I'm not from your area, I looked because I was interested), the permanent address is the one on the CAF, is the on at the end of October. Permanent address is defined as follows:
. 5.5.5 If the main address has changed temporarily, for example where a family is renting a
property on a Short Term Tenancy Agreement (12 months or under), then the
permanent place of residence remains that at which the girl was resident before the
period of temporary residence began unless it can be shown that all ties to the
previous address have been relinquished, or that the move is not reversible.
scary mum
Pinklily10

Post by Pinklily10 »

Expecting some valuable input from senior members like Tiffinboys and Stroller please. In the past the number of candidates sat for Stage 1 did not exceed 1650.
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

Pinklily10 wrote:Expecting some valuable input from senior members like Tiffinboys and Stroller please. In the past the number of candidates sat for Stage 1 did not exceed 1650.
Me too!!
I’m too stressed to be dealing with ‘rumours’ or ‘hearsay’
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now