Waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

streathammum

Re: Waiting

Post by streathammum »

I have no idea about the primaries in Sutton. I do know that most of the 'better' primaries in London will be full.

What will you do when your little one comes to secondary transfer? Move again? Or are you only thinking of moving for the benefit of Child Number 1?
Marfa

Post by Marfa »

Dear streathammum ,

Thank you for your reply , I appreciate your feedback. DD's score isnt borderline ,its safe enough to be sure and she achieved it with absolutely no tutoring.So just trying to see if we can support her in her quest.
Will consider your advice sincerely. All the points you mentioned ,no doubt need much deliberation. Thanks again.Regards.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Congratulations to your DD. Both Nonsuch and Wallington Girls are excellent schools.

What do you mean by "support her in her quest"? What is wrong with the schools near your current home? Do you have any other ties to your current location - job, family, friends, activities? Would you really sacrifice all that just for a school, and a school that's for just one of your children at that?
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

streathammum wrote:Wow. My advice to you would be to find a school 50 miles closer to your home than Wallington or Nonsuch!

What score did your DD get? How sure are you that you would get a place? Moving for a borderline score would be very risky.

Both the schools have open places that don't depend on home address so you can move wherever and whenever you like and it won't affect your eligibility for those places. The schools also have catchment places but I imagine you will be too late to move into catchment now to qualify for one of these places.

What will you do about primary places? Do you have any other children who this move will affect?

My serious advice is to find a school closer to home.
I was reading for Nonsuch, they have 85 places for OOC , however I could not find any information for Wallington Girls? Could you confirm if they take OOC ?
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

streathammum wrote:Yes. The girls schools are a single trust with a single exam and a single score. The boys schools are separate schools and calculate their scores differently from each other, so it seems more likely they will send separate emails.
Thanks msg, theknightrider and streathammum. I will then wait for two emails and expecting them to be positive, fingers crossed.
OnlyTw7dad

Post by OnlyTw7dad »

For people who want to know more about London Schools check this link

https://maps.london.gov.uk/schools/#
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Marfa wrote:Dear streathammum ,

Thank you for your reply , I appreciate your feedback. DD's score isnt borderline ,its safe enough to be sure and she achieved it with absolutely no tutoring.So just trying to see if we can support her in her quest.
Will consider your advice sincerely. All the points you mentioned ,no doubt need much deliberation. Thanks again.Regards.
Also bear in mind that the CAF deadline is in a couple of weeks. If you have a good score for Wallington or Nonsuch and put them at the top of your CAF, you will get a place there on 1 March even if you haven't moved and even if you have decided that you no longer want to move.

So you should only list these schools if you are totally sure that you want to move 50+ miles between now and next September to an area near these schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now