Wallington and Nonsuch - Final Result - Waiting Thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WParkMum

Re: Wallington and Nonsuch - Final Result - Waiting Thread

Post by WParkMum »

What's the lowest IC score people have heard of this year?
chiakin

Post by chiakin »

Bluearrow wrote:
eager1234 wrote:Hi,

Will there be a long wait for us to hear 297 OCC? Please advice waiting is impossible now.
Like others have said, this year's scores are quite higher than previous years. But if you look carefully, the cut-off scores for Nonsuch on 01/03 are around 323(OOC) and 285 (IC). When you compare these scores to last year, which are 317 and 275, it seems this year's scores are around 10 marks higher. The scores dropped to 301(OOC) and 248(IC) in September. So anyone with a score of 310 (OOC) or 260 (IC) probably has a high chance of getting a place before September. WGHS's scores also seem to be around 10 marks higher than last year. But the interesting thing is that they dropped from 306 to 203 (OOC) between March and September. I am not too sure that it will drop that much this year.

Bear in mind these are all kind of guess work. So it is really important that you have a good backup plan.
Nonsuch, the lowest OCC score last year was 318 at 1 March and 304 at 1 September.
Wallington, the lowest OCC score was 306 at 1 March and 265 at 1 September.

My DD did it last year and goes to Nonsuch now. We were told by the school that the pass mark for the second stage exam was 246 (both schools).
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

chiakin wrote:

My DD did it last year and goes to Nonsuch now. We were told by the school that the pass mark for the second stage exam was 246 (both schools).
If this was an actual pass mark - i.e. below this score, your DD is not eligible to be considered for a place - presumably it is something that the parents of all candidates (at least for the second stage) were told?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

There is a pass mark for Nonsuch and Wallington - this year it was 239. 1,055 candidates sat the second stage test and 938 passed.

This information was included in the email we got in October with the test results.
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

jbigtime wrote:Hi all, my DD also got a waiting list offer from Nonsuch yesterday. She had an offer from Wallington which we accepted but the email from Nonsuch says we need to accept their offer via our local authority if we want to proceed. Our LA is Lewisham (we are planning to move) but when I log in to eadmissions I can’t see an offer from Nonsuch, only our accepted offer at Wallington. Any ideas on what I should do, or am I missing something? Thanks!
My understanding is that the eadmissions process for allocating a school place is only done for the allocation on allocation day only. All subsequent offers from the waitlist are dealt using snail mail and paper trail. At least that is how it was last year in Hounslow.
Annie1

Post by Annie1 »

I’m shocked that after 17,000 views and 124 posts on this topic, we haven’t established the lowest Nonsuch offer score so far.
I guess we will all have to wait until April 22nd
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Annie1 wrote:I’m shocked that after 17,000 views and 124 posts on this topic, we haven’t established the lowest Nonsuch offer score so far.
I guess we will all have to wait until April 22nd
You could make your own FOI request directly or through
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For example:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1258231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SurreyMama2019

Post by SurreyMama2019 »

My DD just got a place at Nonsuch with an in catchment score of 283 (we received an email this morning from Nonsuch). One very happy little girl. Good luck to all those waiting to hear.
Annie1

Post by Annie1 »

Congratulations SurreyMama2019.
So 283 is the lowest current place.
somaahil

Post by somaahil »

Hi All, my DD got a waiting list offer from Wallington girls this week. Her score is 301(OOC). I am not sure whether this is the lowest current place but thought may be useful to those still waiting to hear. Good luck to others still waiting to hear.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now