Wilson and Sutton grammar Stage 2 results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vnaras

Re: Wilson and Sutton grammar Stage 2 results

Post by vnaras »

GS Exams wrote:With no indication of the marks and 620 boys clearing with only 186 places in Wilsons wondering what are the chances to get into Wilsons!!! Some parent was saying that the from address of the results are different like ENTEX01, ENTEX02, ENTEX03 on the results email. He was suggesting that the top scorers are probably on one group of 'From' address!!!! I wasn't too convinced about that, but after hearing this just cannot 'Not rise' it in this forum. Does anybody have any idea about this? Any parents from last year who had received ENTEX02 or ENTEX03 from address in their results email but still got into Wilsons? Would really appreciate if you could put me at ease by sharing your thoughts.

- Paranoid Parent :)
I received from ENTEX02. Has any one received from a different sender's name? I may read this for "Entrance Exam Stage-2", I may not be correct. However, I'm also not convinced that it would indicate the ranking groups, since it is the school policy not to publish them, they why do they reveal such information?
Zoe007

Post by Zoe007 »

vnaras wrote:
GS Exams wrote:With no indication of the marks and 620 boys clearing with only 186 places in Wilsons wondering what are the chances to get into Wilsons!!! Some parent was saying that the from address of the results are different like ENTEX01, ENTEX02, ENTEX03 on the results email. He was suggesting that the top scorers are probably on one group of 'From' address!!!! I wasn't too convinced about that, but after hearing this just cannot 'Not rise' it in this forum. Does anybody have any idea about this? Any parents from last year who had received ENTEX02 or ENTEX03 from address in their results email but still got into Wilsons? Would really appreciate if you could put me at ease by sharing your thoughts.

- Paranoid Parent :)
I received from ENTEX02. Has any one received from a different sender's name? I may read this for "Entrance Exam Stage-2", I may not be correct. However, I'm also not convinced that it would indicate the ranking groups, since it is the school policy not to publish them, they why do they reveal such information?
Assuming if the top scores are from 01 file name, how can one be sure if all students in 01 opted for Wilsons as their first preference, hence this is not an indication of probability of admission just based on the rank(that too calculated roughly)- with 600 students distributed over 3 files, I assume theirs would be some 200 children in each.
Don’tPanic

Post by Don’tPanic »

Hi, I’ve just registered. I wanted to say don’t worry about the email code. This was raised last year and debunked. This is one of the comments from the previous thread - see below. I hope this reassures people. The codes don’t mean anything. I hope you all get the schools you want.

“Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:37 pm
I just looked up from when my son sat Wilsons in 2015 and his was ENT EX 01. We put Wilsons 1st on CAF but were not offered a place and ended up at Sutton Grammar so from that I would say it definitely can't refer to the top 180. Am sure they don't put secret codes on emails, why would they”
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Thanks everyone for your prompt responses, they definitely have put my mind at ease. Special thanks to Don’tPanic for registering for the sake of responding to my query. Many thanks, really appreciate it.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

vnaras wrote:Hi, My DS got 262 in QE, got Wilson's confirmation mail yesterday, and also qualified for Tiffin Stage-2. Can anyone compare the schools QE, Wilson's and Tiffin?
You might have better luck posting in the area relevant to QE - whereas it appears that an inordinate number of parents putting their DS in for the QE exam will also have entered them for selective schools in every part of Greater London and beyond, I would hazard a guess that relatively few people actually based within the general area of the Sutton grammar schools will have entered their DS for a school in Barnet, or even for the Tiffin School, unless they live within an overlap of the Tiffins priority area and a sensible journey to a Sutton school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now