From address of Wilsons results email

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GS Exams

From address of Wilsons results email

Post by GS Exams »

With no indication of the marks and 620 boys clearing with only 186 places in Wilsons wondering what are the chances to get into Wilsons!!! Some parent was saying that the from address of the results are different like ENTEX01, ENTEX02, ENTEX03 on the results email. He was suggesting that the top scorers are probably on one group of 'From' address!!!! I wasn't too convinced about that, but after hearing this just cannot 'Not rise' it in this forum. Does anybody have any idea about this? Any parents from last year who had received ENTEX02 or ENTEX03 from address in their results email but still got into Wilsons? Would really appreciate if you could put me at ease by sharing your thoughts.

- Paranoid Parent :)
streathammum

Re: From address of Wilsons results email

Post by streathammum »

I would say it's unlikely they've been grouped by score. More likely to be candidate number, surname, postcode, seat number or similar.

Just put the schools in your form in your genuine order of preference and put it out of your mind for four months :)
gladwhenitsallover

Post by gladwhenitsallover »

I agree with the previous post in that it’s probably random. My son was offered a place at Wilson’s 2 years ago on March 1st and our email had ENTEX02 at the top.

Good luck!
VBusybee

Post by VBusybee »

Do we have any stats on to how many children didn’t get the offer even after receiving the 2nd stage offer email. I am assuming that almost same number of children must have passed Wilsons.
Tid

Post by Tid »

Do we have any stats on to how many children didn’t get the offer even after receiving the 2nd stage offer email. I am assuming that almost same number of children must have passed Wilsons.
It is hard to tell, for example last year 624 of 995 "passed" for Wilsons. My son was one of those, but we didn't even put Wilsons on the CAF as it was too far for us to get him to. He was only considered by them as the second stage was joint with SGS which we DID put down on the CAF. As such you would need to know how many of last years 624 that were eligible actually put Wilsons on their CAF, and I'm not sure that info is available?
pradad

Post by pradad »

GS Exams wrote: Some parent was saying that the from address of the results are different like ENTEX01, ENTEX02, ENTEX03 on the results email. He was suggesting that the top scorers are probably on one group of 'From' address!!!! I wasn't too convinced about that, but after hearing this just cannot 'Not rise' it in this forum. Does anybody have any idea about this? Any parents from last year who had received ENTEX02 or ENTEX03 from address in their results email but still got into Wilsons? Would really appreciate if you could put me at ease by sharing your thoughts.

- Paranoid Parent :)
Various possibilities for it. It could be grouped by the Candidate no. or Alphabet order or Month they were born.
4mykids

Post by 4mykids »

VBusybee wrote:Do we have any stats on to how many children didn’t get the offer even after receiving the 2nd stage offer email. I am assuming that almost same number of children must have passed Wilsons.
This year, 620 out of 975 candidates passed the second stage exam for Wilson’s.

There are three local boys’ Grammar Schools, with a total number 465 Year 7 places (Wilson's 180, WCGS 150, SGS 135). Many boys put all three schools on the CAF and some end up going elsewhere such as the private sector or move out of the area.

If for example your son passes the exams for all three school and you put them all on the CAF form, there is a decent chance you will get one of them, but this is by no means guaranteed.

That being said, you could analyse the statistics until the cows come home, but as you will never know your son’s score, the best thing to do is fill in the CAF form in true order of preference, including some other non-selective schools as a fallback and try to forget it until next March. I know it’s easier said than done, but it really is the best policy for retaining your sanity.
VBusybee

Post by VBusybee »

Thank you for your replies @4mykids, @Tid.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now