Is it worth moving to Sutton after 31st October

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

roobaru

Is it worth moving to Sutton after 31st October

Post by roobaru »

Hi,

My DD sat the second stage test for Non-such and wallington and scored 276. We are OOC and were wondering what is the realistic chance of her getting a place in NonSuch or Wallington. Reading the data available on the forum, it looks to me that there is a slight chance that she may get in to Wallington by September. Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Also would any one be able to clarify if Sutton allows for movement of OOC families to IC after Oct 31? To be precise what I would like to understand is if we were to move to Sutton after October 31st would Sutton council consider my DD as IC on the national offer day? If so by what date should we be in Sutton and what all formalities do we need to do?

Thanks
MarLil

Re: Is it worth moving to Sutton after 31st October

Post by MarLil »

Please, see the 5.2.4 of the admission protocol. http://www.nonsuchschool.org/uploads/as ... s-2019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ; especially:

5.2.4 Up to 110 places linked to our catchment area circle. This will be in order of highest score to those whose permanent place of residence on 31 October 2018 (the deadline for submission of the Common Application Form) is 5.25 km or less from the front door of Nonsuch measured in a straight line.

Ideally, you should have moved before you sent the reg form for sitting the entry exams, but still call the Schools' admission at the Council, they will be best to answer your question..
mum_LL

Post by mum_LL »

This is info from Council where we live

"If you move house

If you move house between now and September 2019, you must let us know immediately in writing. You should give us written evidence of your new address, such as a copy of your new tenancy agreement or a solicitor's letter confirming you have completed the house purchase.

If you move before 12 December 2018, your new home address will be used for your application.

If you move after 12 December 2018 and before 1 March 2019, your offer will be based on your original permanent home address. "
roobaru

Post by roobaru »

mum_LL wrote:This is info from Council where we live

"If you move house

If you move house between now and September 2019, you must let us know immediately in writing. You should give us written evidence of your new address, such as a copy of your new tenancy agreement or a solicitor's letter confirming you have completed the house purchase.

If you move before 12 December 2018, your new home address will be used for your application.

If you move after 12 December 2018 and before 1 March 2019, your offer will be based on your original permanent home address. "
Thanks for your responses. It gives me some hope. Has anyone done something similar in the last two years and been successful. If so can they guide me as to what are the steps involved?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Roobaru, you were asking specifically about Nonsuch and Sutton. Don't be distracted by what happens in someone else's local authority. To be in catchment for Nonsuch you have to move by 31 October, not December.
mumish2018

Post by mumish2018 »

You could move into Sutton until 12th December as per the link below, https://www.sutton.gov.uk/info/200439/s ... l_year_7/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will make your first application now before October 31st from your local authority, once you have moved into sutton you will have to inform Sutton's local authority about the move and submit the necessary documents.