Tiffin Girls’ School allocations for 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KingstonMama

Re: Tiffin Girls’ School allocations for 2019 entry

Post by KingstonMama »

Great new Rukmesh, congratulations! What was your daughters score?
RajaMum

Post by RajaMum »

I have just received letter from my LA that DD has got an offer from TGS. Her score was 101.8 and was 18th on the waiting list as of 1st Apr.
I have been a silent observer of the forum since around the 1st round of exams in September last year and have found this forum to be so informative and comforting to read. I have to specially thank Stroller, TiffinBoys, StreathamMum, ToadMum and everyone else who regularly comment and answer everyone's dilemmas, thank you so much and keep up the good work. Even though my eldest DD's 11+ journey is over I have two more DDs in the future.
kchetan

Post by kchetan »

Dear RajaMum, Could you please let me know if you are within TGS catchment or outside? I am outside and my daughter scored 101.3. If you are outside catchment, then I can hope a call for my daughter.
RajaMum

Post by RajaMum »

Hi kchetan,
We are in the designated area, what is your waiting list position? I think that there might be some movement after the Induction Day when some of the indie offer holders make their final decision.
kchetan

Post by kchetan »

Thank you for your response. Her wl is 25. I think they keep same WL and they do not keep updating this. Will be glad if my daughter gets a call.
RajaMum

Post by RajaMum »

That is quite close so you do have a very good chance of receiving an offer. Yes they did not give an update since the initial position, even though I requested several times. In our case we received an offer letter from our LA. Good luck!
mumworried1

Post by mumworried1 »

Congratulations to everyone who got in and good luck to everyone on the waiting
List. My DD is doing tiffin girls this year and I would like to check with you all what scores your children used to score during practise at home or mock exams ? I was told that there is no chance for kids who are below 90%, is that true? Anyone who was at 80-90% in mocks got through tiffin girls?
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

mumworried1 wrote: I was told that there is no chance for kids who are below 90%, is that true? Anyone who was at 80-90% in mocks got through tiffin girls?
I think this statement is not true, although I have boys who recently sat the exams and passed (my girl finished Wally girls long time ago).

I'd say people have reasonable chances if they get 80% and above, and earlier mock exams could start with even less then that (60% and above).
The-Kingstonian

Post by The-Kingstonian »

Our daughter took a mock exam about 6 months before the TGS exam. Her English was good (Eg 90%) and maths was not (E.g. 60%). We really focused on maths practice 30-60 minutes per day to improve, and she got into TGS. The mock exam was good practice for the actual test experience, and showed us where to focus. Don't give up, try harder. Good luck!
kee007

Post by kee007 »

Hi All

Congratulations to all who made it!
Did anyone got offers from TW15?

TIA
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now