Tiffin Girls’ School allocations for 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vali2019

Re: Tiffin Girls’ School allocations for 2019 entry

Post by vali2019 »

Congrats !!! to all those who received their offers on Fri.
My DD has got 105.6
This year's cutoff is 106.7

Based on previous years we are hoping we will get an offer before Easter break.
Will keep you posted.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

vali2019 wrote: My DD has got 105.6
This year's cutoff is 106.7

Based on previous years we are hoping we will get an offer before Easter break.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks for posting, vali2019. That score is pretty close to the cut-off, so if previous trends continue, you are likely to be offered a place.

Anyone else near the cut-off score and hoping for a place?

If anyone reading this has accepted an offer from another school in preference to TGS, please release your TGS place formally and make someone else’s day.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
mumworried1

Post by mumworried1 »

The-Kingstonian wrote:One thing l wanted to mention for parents in future years... Our daughter tested in and got a place for 2019, and she did not finish all the questions on either exam. Not even close. She reckons she only finished 30 of 50 maths questions on the stage 2 test, and didn't get to the last two reading comp ones. So if your dd comes out and worries that she didn't finish... Please know that test is not designed to be finished. It doesn't mean she won't make it. But it is important to lear and practice test taking strategy, how to pace yourself and skip questions that are taking too long to get to faster & easier ones. I hope this helps!
Hi Kingstonian-mum, are you from the inner area or designated area? I was told that the kids need to get nearly 90-100% to get into TGS.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

My daughter score 98.2 so I don’t think she will have a chance however we are pretty happy with her nonsuch place. Tbh I felt like she’d peaked at the nonsuch test and by tiffin stage 2 was fed up with it all so I wasn’t that surprised.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Someone I know by PM has asked me to post that her daughter’s score was unexpectedly low at 98.1. She did well on other selective tests, so they’re very surprised.

Anyone else?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Stroller I am surprised how low my daughter’s score was (98.2) considering she did well at Nonsuch (290 IC, place offered). I knew her chances were slimmer for Tiffin as she’s not in the inner area but that score isn’t great.

She did lose her momentum a bit after the two Sutton tests and the first stage tiffin, so perhaps that was it. She also said the English comp seemed to ask the same question in slightly different ways which sounded funny/unlikely. She’s usually really strong in comprehension so I wonder if she got the wrong end of the stick.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Like your daughter, the one I mentioned also lives in the designated area (not inner) and has a Nonsuch offer, so the fatigue factor may have applied too. It’s hard to know.

RainbowStars

Post by RainbowStars »

For those who got the TGS letter with scores does it tell you how much the marks were out of or this highest passing score this year?
The-Kingstonian

Post by The-Kingstonian »

mumworried1 wrote:
The-Kingstonian wrote:One thing l wanted to mention for parents in future years... Our daughter tested in and got a place for 2019, and she did not finish all the questions on either exam. Not even close. She reckons she only finished 30 of 50 maths questions on the stage 2 test, and didn't get to the last two reading comp ones. So if your dd comes out and worries that she didn't finish... Please know that test is not designed to be finished. It doesn't mean she won't make it. But it is important to lear and practice test taking strategy, how to pace yourself and skip questions that are taking too long to get to faster & easier ones. I hope this helps!
Hi Kingstonian-mum, are you from the inner area or designated area? I was told that the kids need to get nearly 90-100% to get into TGS.
I'm actually a dad. :D We live quite near the school, so inner area I assume.
vali2019

Post by vali2019 »

RainbowStars wrote:For those who got the TGS letter with scores does it tell you how much the marks were out of or this highest passing score this year?
Cutoff on 1 March was 106.7
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now