Tiffin Girls’ School allocations for 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stroller

Re: Tiffin Girls’ School allocations for 2019 entry

Post by Stroller »

It’s not an impossible commute, but I suspect it usually involves parents who drive towards Kingston for work in any case. Try bumping your journey-specific thread again. If you’re serious about moving to make the journey better, use the post codes specified by the school as the designated area in TFL and National Rail sites to find a good journey and/or put them into Rightmove and figure out your options. Good luck.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
guna.moon

Post by guna.moon »

Thanks Stroller, Very useful info
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Pinklily10 wrote:Congrats to all who got their 1st preference. Our DD2 got an offer in Non Such (OOC) which is our 3rd preference. DD1 is already in TGS which is our first preference.
Celebrate the offer from Nonsuch. Having two girls at the same school would make logistics easier I’m sure, but you won’t have a better idea of the chances of TGS until you see the cut-off score and your daughter’s score. Is your second preference school likely to come up?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Guna moon we live in Chessington and tiffin girls was our first choice because there’s a bus that goes direct to tiffin girls (I can’t remember if it’s 267 or 467 will check). So anywhere on that route gives you a direct bus without having to live right in Kingston. Chessington is more affordable. We got nonsuch which will be 2 buses until we move towards ewell/cheam.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Nope it’s the 671 bus!!
Pinklily10

Post by Pinklily10 »

Stroller wrote:
Pinklily10 wrote:Congrats to all who got their 1st preference. Our DD2 got an offer in Non Such (OOC) which is our 3rd preference. DD1 is already in TGS which is our first preference.
Celebrate the offer from Nonsuch. Having two girls at the same school would make logistics easier I’m sure, but you won’t have a better idea of the chances of TGS until you see the cut-off score and your daughter’s score. Is your second preference school likely to come up?
Thanks Stroller. Yes, we are happy about the offer. As you said it would be easier for us and the DDs. We are not sure if we will get our second preference.
guna.moon

Post by guna.moon »

Many Thanks! KingstonMama

I will check this bus route and its frequency.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

I think it's only once an hour but should be less busy in Chessington, Tolworth and Surbiton. At least it's door to door, although it takes about 45-50 mins from the first stop in Chessington to Tiffin Girls.
The-Kingstonian

Post by The-Kingstonian »

DD was offered and accepted a place at TGS. Appreciate all the advice and support from this group!

Haven't heard from anyone on the waiting list, like in previous years.
Golgo13

Post by Golgo13 »

671 is once a day...one going North leaving Chessington in the morning 7:30 ish, and one coming back from tiffin girls around 15:30 ish...

It's basically an enhanced 71, which normally goes Chessington to Kingston...

Any other time, you need to change in Kingston to the 65...