Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:16 am 

There’s no guarantee, but I definitely wouldn’t abandon hope yet.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admissions arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 am 

Stroller wrote:
There’s no guarantee, but I definitely wouldn’t abandon hope yet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:11 pm 

Stroller wrote:
Mac2019, is your daughter on the waiting list for TGS? What is her current waiting list position/score?

My daughter is at WL number 10. Any updates on offer this week?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 pm 

Mac2019 wrote:
Stroller wrote:
Mac2019, is your daughter on the waiting list for TGS? What is her current waiting list position/score?

My daughter is at WL number 10. Any updates on offer this week?

Good question. The boys’ school made an offer this week, so perhaps someone has news from the girls’ school?

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admissions arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:04 pm 

Any updates on waiting list movement. It’s been a complete silence. Looks like brexit is having an effect this year. Anyone has got any insights on the situation here.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:24 pm 

I'm not sure why Brexit would affect schools. Presumably people who were offered places were those who actually wanted them.
I hope there is some movement for those still hoping.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:54 pm 

scary mum wrote:
I'm not sure why Brexit would affect schools. Presumably people who were offered places were those who actually wanted them.
I hope there is some movement for those still hoping.

I think the idea is that it has triggered financial uncertainty? ('Will my office be relocated to Berlin / Amsterdam / Bucharest with almost no notice?'). So more people who would have chosen indies outright or at least only seen the crème of the state system as a backup, are now choosing to stick with the state school.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:04 am 

Looks like there is no movement in Tiffins and NonSuch.. Do not know what could be the reason but it seems that something is definitely different this year

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:50 am 

rukmesh wrote:
Looks like there is no movement in Tiffins and NonSuch.. Do not know what could be the reason but it seems that something is definitely different this year

Of course, it may be nothing at all to do with financial uncertainty- as scary mum suggested - and novel as the idea may seem, when discussing a school in the London area - it may actually be that more or less all the people who put either school in such a position on their CAF that they got offered it on March 1st, did so because they really wanted their DD to go there.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:02 pm 

Finally ... :-)
We received an email from Tiffin Girls and now we are waiting for the letter from our Local Council. Thanks a lot everyone for all the support. We are so so happy and over the moon. Our 11+ journey is finally over :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next