Waiting list for Wallington girls and Non Such

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rukmesh

Re: Waiting list for Wallington girls and Non Such

Post by rukmesh »

We had been offerred Wallington on 1st which we had accepted and then on 4th, we came to know that Slough council had made some mess out of Surrey data. on 8th, we got letters from Surrey and Upton Court that we had been offerred Upton Court and Wallington's offer was withdrawn.
So, one place available to the waiting list DDs for Wallington.
We are in the waiting list for NonSuch and TGS, so waiting game started for us too..

Thanks to all the people on this forum..
Swat

Post by Swat »

Hi Rukmesh,
Appreciate if you could share your DD score and are u within IC or OOC?

Many Thanks.
rukmesh

Post by rukmesh »

Swat wrote:Hi Rukmesh,
Appreciate if you could share your DD score and are u within IC or OOC?

Many Thanks.

We are Out of Catchment (OOC) and our DD scored 318.
Niro99

Post by Niro99 »

Here is the last year cut-off from scores I received from Nonsuch school . Hope anyone will get benefit from these scores to get an idea of places allocation. specially for DD's still on the waiting list :wink:

(Nonsuch)
Year of Entry
Lowest score offered a place in Top 85 as of September
Lowest score offered a place in Catchment criterion as of September
Lowest score offered a place in Ring-fenced criterion as of September of year of entry
2016 284 256 274
2017 283 254 263
2018 301 (C) 304 (OOC) 248 272

Wallington
Year of Entry
Lowest score offered a place in Top 100 as of September
Lowest score offered a place in Main Catchment criterion as of September
Lowest score offered a place in Carshalton Point Catchment criterion as of September
2017 286 273 260
2018 263 248 N/A
Swat

Post by Swat »

Annie1 wrote:288 IC got in to Nonsuch.
My daughter got 269 and we are keeping everything crossed we get an offer.
288 was our friends daughter who got an offer on March 1st
Hello Annie,
Any luck with your DD admission progress after the recent allocations? my DD score is 265.

Many Thanks.
SurreyMama2019

Post by SurreyMama2019 »

Hi, my DD got 283 in catchment for nonsuch and out of catchment for Wallington and we haven't heard anything. So we're also wondering if anyone with a score less than 288 has got into nonsuch as that is the lowest I have heard about. Good luck to all those hoping to get a place.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Will they tell you your waiting list position as quite a few other grammars like Tiffin are now telling parents who ask?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

KingstonMama wrote:Will they tell you your waiting list position as quite a few other grammars like Tiffin are now telling parents who ask?
What would be the rationale behind not informing parents of their DD's position? They must have a ranked position, even if a) they actually have to have more than one because potentially they could enter via more than one criterion (e.g. for CCHS in Essex, the 'ranked girls in ctchment' list and the 'ranked on score only' list) and b) parents have to be made aware that change can be negative as well as positive. Lists have to be held until the end of December in pversibscription criteria order, so the admissions authority has to be able to say where a girl is, so to speak.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

I thought that if the parents wondering about their child’s chances found out waiting list position they might get a bit more insight into how likely it will be of getting a place. That was why I suggested it. I had to ask Tiffin to find out our waiting list place they did not contact me with it, hence suggesting these guys asked. Or am I missing something Toadmum? (Possibly it’s been a long day already!!)
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

They have said they will tell us our DD's WL positions after the Easter holiday. I presume that they just don't want the hassle of having to keep updating parents in the first six weeks when the lists much change on a daily basis. It's frustrating from the parents' pov as it would be helpful to know if there's a chance or no chance, but I can sort of understand from the school's pov.