Waiting list for Wallington girls and Non Such

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Annie1

Re: Waiting list for Wallington girls and Non Such

Post by Annie1 »

Kkdad wrote:
Annie1 wrote:We know the IC lowest score is somewhere between 280 and 288 for Nonsuch, and 270 for Wallington ! The numbers this year where high so the competition is obviously going to be tougher, add that to the brexit uncertainty, I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see the numbers budging too much this year, the graph which I saw on another thread has many girls sharing scores between 260 and 280, I just can’t see the waiting list moving as quick as previous years....... the only ( potentially ) misleading thing with the graph is we don’t know who’s IC who’s OOC and who’s down for Nonsuch / Wallington and who got Tiffin etc. Fingers crossed but I think it could be a long wait if your under 280 like ourselves
You know someone who got Wallington Girls with an In Catchment of 270?
The 288 for Nonsuch IC is a fact, the 270 IC for Wallington is a friend of a friend so I can’t be 100%
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Annie1 wrote:We know the IC lowest score is somewhere between 280 and 288 for Nonsuch, and 270 for Wallington ! The numbers this year where high so the competition is obviously going to be tougher, add that to the brexit uncertainty, I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see the numbers budging too much this year, the graph which I saw on another thread has many girls sharing scores between 260 and 280, I just can’t see the waiting list moving as quick as previous years....... the only ( potentially ) misleading thing with the graph is we don’t know who’s IC who’s OOC and who’s down for Nonsuch / Wallington and who got Tiffin etc. Fingers crossed but I think it could be a long wait if your under 280 like ourselves
I can’t see a graph on this forum. Where is it? Would be interested to take a look.
Annie1

Post by Annie1 »

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was on the thread “ 2019 national offer day countdown “
Niro99

Post by Niro99 »

My daughter got 275. still waiting in catchment for both Nonsuch and Walligton. I don't think any one got place for 275 or less than that
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

The OOC waiting list for NS usually moves the fastest.
IC waiting lists for both schools are much slower because I think local people are much more likely to accept the place.
OOC for Wallington seems to move more slowly than NS.I think that might be because it’s a bit easier to access on public transport.
Good luck to you all.
Annie1

Post by Annie1 »

Can anyone explain why last year the IC Nonsuch March offer moved from 275 to 248 by September ? seems a massive leap in 6 months compared to recent years !
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

SurreyMama2019 wrote:I'm new to posting on this forum but have found it really useful to read all the comments. I'm interested to know what the in catchment cut off for Nonsuch might be. I have seen someone post to say their daughter got in with a score of 290 but does anyone know anyone who got in with lower. Mine got 283 so keeping everything crossed as she's so keen to go to the Nonsuch.
The IC cutoff for Nonsuch seems to be between 283 - 288; your DD is quite close to the cut off. Hopefully you will receive the good news soon.
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

Annie1 wrote: add that to the brexit uncertainty,
How do you think the Brexit uncertainty will impact the WL movements? Is it because some parents, who would otherwise have accepted an independent school offer and rejecting Nonsuch, won't do so?
Annie1

Post by Annie1 »

squareofthewicket wrote:
Annie1 wrote: add that to the brexit uncertainty,
How do you think the Brexit uncertainty will impact the WL movements? Is it because some parents, who would otherwise have accepted an independent school offer and rejecting Nonsuch, won't do so?
I think the Brexit uncertainty has definitely made wealthier family’s think twice about private schools, I’m not 100% sure about the numbers but from what I’ve read on this forum and seen on the news in the last few months there definitely seems to of been an increase in children taking the 11plus.
Just my opinion of course.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

Don't forget Wallington has an IC free school meals category too (not sure about Nonsuch) - the cut off score for this category has historically been lower than the standard IC.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now