WCGS waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gigi

WCGS waiting list

Post by Gigi »

Hi
I have received the WL position for my son today from WCGS and he is on the position 22.
Is there any chance of making it?
vnaras

Re: WCGS waiting list

Post by vnaras »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11RP224 ... NGlPH/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As per this sheet, WCSGS offered 160 positions with over offerings. If you know the actual number of places, we will know how many cancellations are needed.
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Thank you vnaras for your reply. I am sure WCGS has 150 places.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Gigi wrote:Thank you vnaras for your reply. I am sure WCGS has 150 places.
In that case, 11 people need to turn down their DC's place before the first boy on the waiting list hets an offer. Unless the school has decided actually to admit to 160 for this year. Then it would be just one, unless the intention were to 'manage down' the numbers anyway. So possibly not so simple. Perhaps check with the school as to what its intentions are?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Hi All
Is there any movement in the waiting list for wallington county or Sutton grammar?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Two years ago my DS made a late application to SGS (shortly after offer day) and went to the top of the waiting list but I don't think we got an offer until well into the second half of April, so don't be surprised if it takes a while to get going.
Pinkpelican

Post by Pinkpelican »

We've just turned down WCGS on Friday and I know one other family who did the same so at least 2 places will be available now.

Good luck to all.
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Just left wallington in favour of Tiffin so there would be one place vacant now. Good luck to the student in WL.
sagarjv

Post by sagarjv »

My son is currently in 10th place. We started at waiting list position 55 (around - I think). Not sure if it is too late for any movement in waiting lists now.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now