Tiffin boys admission form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kprad35

Re: Tiffin boys couldnt send the completed admission form

Post by kprad35 »

The exact words are same as what I mentioned earlier.They accepted the forms basically the intension was to have the details of all kids starting in 2019.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Kprad35, sorry to nit-pick, but a significant word is missing:
kprad35 wrote:The school says we assume you do not require offer so next step is to let council know of your decision so we can offer a place to boys in waiting list.
Whose next step? “...our next step” (i.e. the school’s)? Or “...your next step”?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
ToadMum

Re: Tiffin boys admission form

Post by ToadMum »

According to the Kingston website, initial and subsequent offers of places are made by the LA? (Initial offers have to be, but waiting lists are handed over to own admissions authority schools at varying points thereafter, according to individual arrangements).

Therefore, I would interpret the school as saying that if the parent has changed their mind about wanting the place (which the school is assuming, as the forms have not been returned by the deadline), would they please let the LA know (as this is the official route of communication).

I would speak to the school first thing on Monday, if you haven't already, to confirm that you do still want the place (and also to check that the school hasn't told the LA that the place has been withdrawn due to the forms not having been received, but that is unlikely).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kprad35

Post by kprad35 »

Thanks Toadmum,I have already spoken to school that I want the place and handed over the form which they have accepted - there is no issue any more.school has been really understanding.It is always upto Parents to accept or decline the offer
Last edited by kprad35 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kprad35

Post by kprad35 »

Stroller wrote:Kprad35, sorry to nit-pick, but a significant word is missing:
kprad35 wrote:The school says we assume you do not require offer so next step is to let council know of your decision so we can offer a place to boys in waiting list.
Whose next step? “...our next step” (i.e. the school’s)? Or “...your next step”?
Your next step
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Phew!
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.