Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:47 am 

Hi Parents
Does SGS notify you about the WL position (unless you contact them direct)? :x :x :x
Has any one on WL for SGS heard back from school about any movement?
It feels really no movement what so ever esp with SGS, I saw Tiffins Boys, QE etc moved a bit - may not be at the pace they used to in earlier years though.
Have SGS over offered a lot more than normal? or aren't there many rejections this year with SGS?
This waiting is really stressful. :? :?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:40 am 

Hi Alwaysconfused,

We are in the similar situation. In fact I had just logged on to post the same question, when I saw your post. The school says the list has not moved at all. In fact a few more kids have now put SGS down as their preference so son's waiting list number has gone a bit lower than earlier. I have called the school directly to check the waiting list position. Really frustrating!!

Apparently, every one has accepted a place, however the school are still chasing parents to return the signed registration forms.... which what makes me wonder, why parents have not returned the registration form... Are they waiing for another school having accepted a place at SGS ???

Anyone else in a similar situation?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 pm 

My guess is the ones that have accepted but not followed through with the paperwork have private school offers.
If a parent wants a state school they have to go ahead with the paperwork even if hoping for another offer to come up.
I think things are slower this year due to worries over Brexit and people not wanting to commit to fees for seven years.
One of our local private junior schools has had two class entry into reception for many years but will only have one class this September due to low numbers applying.
Fingers crossed for you.
Is this the first time SGS over offered?
Wilsons have done it for ages so only a tiny number get in from the waiting list.
There used to be much more movement at SGS.