Understanding Sutton mock scaled scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Allyfe

Understanding Sutton mock scaled scores

Post by Allyfe »

I have just got the results for my DD's mock. She did pretty well (scaled 238). The test providers suggested that a scaled score of 214 was selective standard. However, we will be applying as OOC, and so she will need to get a much higher score. I thought I'd be clever and compare her scaled score to the Nonsuch/Wallington scores. Except that that clearly didn't work because I think they are averaged over the two exams!

I wondered if anyone had any idea of what sort of estimated scaled score for the mocks was likely to be needed for OOC places? I know there is no exact answer because it all depends on the cohort, but I wanted to know if she was on track. I am hoping she is, but I could be totally off!

Thanks!
Oneoftwothings

Re: Understanding Sutton mock scaled scores

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Sounds very good to me. My son scored 231 and we are close to our preferred school, so we feel encouraged by the result. Have you tried filtering out the boys and sorting descending scores in the Excel file to see how many girls scored higher? There must be some statistics to indicate how many are usually OOC. Also worth remembering that not al who scored higher will choose Nonsuch in the end.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now