Mock exam result and chances of getting in to Tiffins

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tryingtokeepup

Re: Mock exam result and chances of getting in to Tiffins

Post by Tryingtokeepup »

Thank you. I’m trying. I’m a single parent and work full time, so don’t have much time for home tutoring. I guess we’ll just have to see. It’s tough. What is the % that get through the first stage?
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

Tryingtokeepup wrote:My child also did a mock (multiple choice) and scored in the mid 80s. I was pleased until I looked at the ranking of scores and saw he was average! Feeling despondent now...I think the competition is just too tough, and we’ve only recently started prepping..

Any tips for the tiffin multiple choice first stage at this stage??
Lots of people who go for the mocks do not apply for the same schools as you - they could be doing Kent and/or private schools. So those results numbers are only generally related to the real competition level at the actual exams.

In our case Tiffin Boys was too far away and never the first choice, although boys did sit the exam.

With the first child (although this was some time ago, not recently) we only had 6 weeks to prepare, worked at home every day doing sample tests, and she has passed the exams successfully. So this is not impossible.
Last edited by Irisa on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ritz5

Post by ritz5 »

Irisa wrote:I thought the above question was with the emphasis on "Story/Essay", not "English". :)
Thanks Irisa, you corrected me. :)

And appreciate your reply, which will help us a lot for next year preparation.

Regards
Ritz
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now