Sutton stage 1 over...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Maap

Re: Sutton stage 1 over...

Post by Maap »

My DD also took the SET today. She found maths easier than english. Her strength is maths, so I am not surprised she found maths easier. I hope it all goes well and she passes stage 1.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Last year I heard on Monday or Tuesday before the 2nd test (Saturday). I remember as my daughter was on a residential trip so she didn't know she'd passed until I picked her up Friday night! It was just 'your daughter is of selective ability and invited back' in that letter. I recall reading that a minimum score had to be reached in both maths and english in addition to overall score, presumably this is 2nd stage. I was worried as she was weaker in maths (but all ok as she got a place at Nonsuch). Good luck all. I remember this time so well!
ShaqArif

Post by ShaqArif »

FAQ says that results will be published on the 24th.
gg234

Post by gg234 »

From my DD maths papers seems to have 5 or 6 hard questions and english paper seems to be easy for her so let's see what happens on monday.
mp1981

Post by mp1981 »

ShaqArif wrote:FAQ says that results will be published on the 24th.
Good stuff, cheers.
Mum_Cam

Post by Mum_Cam »

Fingers crossed for all. The queues were unbelievable. Wallington Girls is a popular school :D . My DD came out of the test very happy. The feedback was that the test was “very easy”. She answered all questions and had time to double check them. It is just the waiting game now.
trycatchthat

Post by trycatchthat »

Hi all, Good luck to all the kids who have done the exams - hope everyone gets into their first choice school.

DD's prep'ing for Sutton exams for next year. Since Sutton does not follow a strict GL/ CEM format, which ones of the popular books/ practice papers would you recommend for the Sutton SET exam? CGP/ GL/ Bond etc ? Anyone has experience with other online resources like *** (who say they have some material that is 'Sutton' specific)
BabaPabz

Post by BabaPabz »

Mine did a few of the *** maths. When he came out yesterday he said the harder questions were similar to *** and even one question was almost the same. He thought the maths test was generally easier than ***. Good luck for next year.
Ardain

Post by Ardain »

Can someone please advise.

Every child in DS class has said the test was easy yesterday except 1 child. My concern is that this includes my DS who managed to finish with enough time to check both papers through with time to spare and tbh he is great with silly mistakes on both papers so I am sure that will still have happened yesterday :roll:

My question is, do you think it is likely that it has been a year of very strong candidates or a bit like two years ago when the ones that found it tricky in parts or ran out of time passed, but most children claiming it was easy did not make the passmark.

Just hard to judge if they will pass first stage due to all the candidates who came along yesterday with no desire to attend a Sutton school but use it as a free mock and possibly take the pass position of a child one mark under who could only attend a Sutton school due to parents not wanting them to travel silly hours just for a school.

Just trying to understand how it is so thoughts/experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

Ardain wrote:Can someone please advise.

Every child in DS class has said the test was easy yesterday except 1 child. My concern is that this includes my DS who managed to finish with enough time to check both papers through with time to spare and tbh he is great with silly mistakes on both papers so I am sure that will still have happened yesterday :roll:

My question is, do you think it is likely that it has been a year of very strong candidates or a bit like two years ago when the ones that found it tricky in parts or ran out of time passed, but most children claiming it was easy did not make the passmark.

Just hard to judge if they will pass first stage due to all the candidates who came along yesterday with no desire to attend a Sutton school but use it as a free mock and possibly take the pass position of a child one mark under who could only attend a Sutton school due to parents not wanting them to travel silly hours just for a school.

Just trying to understand how it is so thoughts/experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Your post describes both my daughter's experience of the exam and her weakness - not reading the question and making silly mistakes! Sadly, I think it is just an impatient wait until 24th to find out what happened!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now