Sutton stage 1 over...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Oneoftwothings

Re: Sutton stage 1 over...

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Ardain wrote:Can someone please clarify the info on approx 6,500 children sitting Sutton SET this year. Parents at school had a figure of over 7k last year and close to 8k this year?? I am so confused as have no idea where to find the most accurate information :?

Also is there a reason why they pass less boys even though more sit the exam than girls?

Thank you in advance for the advice
I’m fairly confident of the 6500 but can’t reveal my source. :wink: I believe last year was below 6000 and that should be easy enough to find.
I don’t think the numbers of girls and boys passing the SET are that different; if more boys sit the first round, a lower percentage will result in similar numbers. What should be remembered is after the first round, it’s the admissions rules of the schools that count.

Edited to add last year’s statistics: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 30&t=55501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Original source: https://www.sutton.gov.uk/download/down ... t_2020.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mp1981

Post by mp1981 »

Can I ask why it matters how many have sat the SET?

If your child has done the test to the best of their ability, then it matters not if there were 10 or 10,000...the weighted average score will be determined and standardised and a result forthcoming - I think the parents add more unnecessary stress to a situation that is out of their hands!

I went to Woodcote High open evening last night and it is a lovely school with an impressive and inspiring new Head, will v much be our 2nd choice should our daughter not make it through this process.
elevenpraforum

Post by elevenpraforum »

The number of children taking the SET matters as it can decide the cut off score for the stage 1 test!
Starlight14

Post by Starlight14 »

Good luck for tomorrow everyone, this really is a whirlwind!

My understanding is that the scores from the Maths and English SET exams are combined but for the second stage the girls must pass both the Maths and English papers is this correct?
mp1981

Post by mp1981 »

What is the pass mark in the NWSSEE?

It is not possible to state a pass mark in advance of the examination. The pass mark will be decided after the papers have been marked.

Does my daughter’s score in the Selective Eligibility Test count towards her score in the NWSSEE?

Yes. The final rank order of the entrance examinations will be determined on the basis of the aggregate scores of the Selective Eligibility Test and the two elements of the NWSSEE in the ratio 1:1:1.

Does my daughter have to pass both parts of the NWSSEE?

Yes. Candidates must pass BOTH parts of the NWSSEE to be eligible for a place. The marks in these tests will then be added to half of the mark achieved in the Selective Eligibility Test and each part will carry equal w