Sutton Stage 2 (Non-such & Wallington Girls)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Maap

Re: Sutton Stage 2 (Non-such & Wallington Girls)

Post by Maap »

I meant DD :D
rdrp77

Post by rdrp77 »

quartz2208 wrote: Maths though (her stronger subject) she said was far tougher and a couple she couldn’t answer and that there were 2 they were told not to attempt. She said everyone thought it though as the vibe was v different
Our DD mentioned that they were asked to strike out only one question by the examiners. Can u confirm that they were asked to ignore two questions in Maths?
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

rdrp77 wrote:
quartz2208 wrote: Maths though (her stronger subject) she said was far tougher and a couple she couldn’t answer and that there were 2 they were told not to attempt. She said everyone thought it though as the vibe was v different
Our DD mentioned that they were asked to strike out only one question by the examiners. Can u confirm that they were asked to ignore two questions in Maths?
My DD said one only.
Bear123

Post by Bear123 »

DD says it was one question which had a part A and part B. Is that what others DD’s experienced please?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Soon some late sitter will ask what was in parts A and B. :wink:
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

On a different note, it seems utterly bizarre that they would use the same paper for late sitters. Once a paper is 'seen' surely the whole exam is compromised. Another one of those 11+ peculiarities I don't get.
rdrp77

Post by rdrp77 »

Allyfe wrote:On a different note, it seems utterly bizarre that they would use the same paper for late sitters. Once a paper is 'seen' surely the whole exam is compromised. Another one of those 11+ peculiarities I don't get.
Yes. Especially for the English writing task. Every one seems to know what the writing task for today is and they will easily get the late sitters very well prepared for the writing task. Not fair at all.

Even I could see some parents this afternoon trying to overhear conversations from kids picked up from the morning session and giving ideas to their kids on the writing task in the afternoon session .
Maap

Post by Maap »

My DD also said it was one question which had part A and B which they were told not to answer.

I felt the same about the papers being the same for the morning and afternoon sessions. On the way back from collecting my DD, I overheard a mum and her DD on the way to the second session, discussing the topic! I thought those at the second session were in some way, at an advantage. I hope they did change the English paper for the second session.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

rdrp77 wrote:
Allyfe wrote:On a different note, it seems utterly bizarre that they would use the same paper for late sitters. Once a paper is 'seen' surely the whole exam is compromised. Another one of those 11+ peculiarities I don't get.
Yes. Especially for the English writing task. Every one seems to know what the writing task for today is and they will easily get the late sitters very well prepared for the writing task. Not fair at all.

Even I could see some parents this afternoon trying to overhear conversations from kids picked up from the morning session and giving ideas to their kids on the writing task in the afternoon session .
Why do parents start interrogating their DC at school gate right after the test?
Allyfe

Post by Allyfe »

They should give a choice if it is the same for am and pm. But I guess nobody has ever claimed the 11+ was a fair system.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now