Sutton Stage 2 for boys (Wilson and Sutton Grammar school)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PettswoodFiona

Re: Sutton Stage 2 for boys (Wilson and Sutton Grammar schoo

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don’t know about Sutton but in my area the same exam is used in late January for those who move to the area and apply late.

When I was preparing DD - mock tests and sample exam papers were hugely helpful in providing variety. As she was sitting four very different tests (three grammar, one independent) we didn’t focus on one and that actually helped her resilience and adaptability to each test as whislt you can focus on one test it could change markedly and if not prepared it could unsettle anyone sitting the exam.

Good luck
hopoe

Re: Sutton Stage 2 for boys (Wilson and Sutton Grammar schoo

Post by hopoe »

Hi mummyzilla. My son did the Sutton exam 2 years ago. For the English, my understanding is that one of the following tend to get set: newspaper style article. Diary entry. Persuasive writing. Or: A piece of text is given, it ends abruptly, the kids have to write on and extend the story. They do not need to write reams, I was worried when DS told me he’d just about managed 1 side of A4, but he passed. It’s about grammatical and spelling correctness, coherent sentences. If they can inject some style or humour so much the better but I think that is not essential. Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now