who sets papers?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hmaq

who sets papers?

Post by hmaq »

Hi, Everyone. New to this forum. Fantastic support and information. Been following the site for some time, lot of information to take in. Hopefully we'll all learn from each other and ease the pressure on ourselves.

Just want to ask if anyone knows which board sets the exams for Wallington, Sutton and Wilsons. I am really working towards Sutton or Wallington and have been using Bond papers. I would like to know which papers are the best to use.
Thanks.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Sutton grammar uses NFER multiple choice verbal reasoning, but I am not sure how many types of questions it uses-we covered all of them. They set their own maths and english.

Wallington and Wilsons I believe set their own papers and are not multiple choice.

We used a mixture of all the papers available as all the schools exams are different. You will need to practice the NFER verbal reasoning papers too as the format and answer sheet are identical to that for the Sutton paper. However the commercial pack only has 4 papers in so we used them later on-although you can use them more than once-you will be surprised-the children remember they have done them, but not the answers! There are some papers you can download from this site which are very similar to the NFER ones.

Good luck
hmaq

Post by hmaq »

Thanks for the useful advice.
what would you avice on encouraging different types of writng.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now