Nonsuch/Wallington Girls Second Stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bluearrow

Re: Nonsuch/Wallington Girls Second Stage

Post by Bluearrow »

Aneela wrote:My DD got 329 OCC.can we expect nonsuch
That should be enough. Even if she does not get a place in March, I am sure that she will be offered one in the following months.
True2u

Post by True2u »

My DD scored 297, do we stand any chance being in OOC, even in later allocations?

TIA
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Someone had kindly posted this link before.

http://www.nonsuchschool.org/uploads/as ... scores.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James Bond

Post by James Bond »

tiffinboys wrote:Someone had kindly posted this link before.

http://www.nonsuchschool.org/uploads/as ... scores.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My DD has scored 269. We are in catchment. Given that overall score has also reduced this year. Does this guarantee a seat in wallington girls.? Advice is much appreciated.
Bluearrow

Post by Bluearrow »

James Bond wrote:
tiffinboys wrote:Someone had kindly posted this link before.

My DD has scored 269. We are in catchment. Given that overall score has also reduced this year. Does this guarantee a seat in wallington girls.? Advice is much appreciated.
No one is able to guarantee that, as no one knows how each family is going to fill the CAF. But I think 269 will have a high chance of getting an IC place at Wallington.
Bear123

Post by Bear123 »

Hope is a powerful thing and if anyone can give me some hope, it would be so gratefully appreciated. My daughter got 261 and we are in catchment. It is the lowest score I have seen on this site but i am so unbelievably proud of my DD's efforts.
I would like to manage my own expectations whilst still allowing her to celebrate her own success.
Can anyone indicate whether they think this score is likely to yield an offer of a place in March, and if not, September?
I know there are no guarantee's one way or the other, but hope is a powerful thing...

Many thanks in advance.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Previous year's cut-offs are on the link in this thread and set out in the other thread - have you looked at them.
Bear123

Post by Bear123 »

Yes. That is why I shall remain hopeful but I accept that each years figures are dependant on so many personal factors.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

I fear hope can also be quite destructive. I secretly hoped my DD would get into Wallington but I always knew her score was borderline and it didn't happen for us this year. Fortunately we had focused on the other great schools she would be able to go to so she wasn't too disappointed about missing Wallington, although I remain a little sad about it.

If your DD has a borderline score my advice would be to keep your hope internal and be positive with your DD about the schools you may be allocated instead. If you do make it to the grammar then it's a happy bonus.
Bluearrow

Post by Bluearrow »

streathammum wrote:I fear hope can also be quite destructive. I secretly hoped my DD would get into Wallington but I always knew her score was borderline and it didn't happen for us this year. Fortunately we had focused on the other great schools she would be able to go to so she wasn't too disappointed about missing Wallington, although I remain a little sad about it.

If your DD has a borderline score my advice would be to keep your hope internal and be positive with your DD about the schools you may be allocated instead. If you do make it to the grammar then it's a happy bonus.
Very good advice indeed
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now