How will I find out the WL for Tiffin girls school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SWLMum

How will I find out the WL for Tiffin girls school?

Post by SWLMum »

Sorry to ask simple question like this. I'm new to the secondary education system and not quite sure how things work out. I hope someone could help. I'm waiting for the local council to lease the offer later today. Since TGS is not my local school, will TGS email me directly with offer or WL information today? Or shall I call the school to find out? Thanks
ToadMum

Re: How will I find out the WL for Tiffin girls school?

Post by ToadMum »

SWLMum wrote:Sorry to ask simple question like this. I'm new to the secondary education system and not quite sure how things work out. I hope someone could help. I'm waiting for the local council to lease the offer later today. Since TGS is not my local school, will TGS email me directly with offer or WL information today? Or shall I call the school to find out? Thanks
The Admissions Code states that your offer must be notified to you by your home LA and the school must not contact you prior to this.

In most places, your DD would automatically be on the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one allocated. Between them, the school's admissions arrangements, the school's LA's website and your LA's website should clarify the process.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
bridge

Post by bridge »

You have to wait for the council to send you the results. Then depending on the results there are different paths. Are you in catchment for TGS?
SWLMum

Post by SWLMum »

yes, outer catchment. W post code.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If you are in the London eadmissions area you will get an email after 5pm, and can log onto the website from then too. The information should all be on the website you applied through.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now