Sutton Grammar waiting list 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you surreymother 2. It's begining to sound quite hopeful. I am very grateful.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

surreymother2-what made you change your mind between Wilsons and Sutton if you put Sutton down first on your CAF initially?
melinda

Post by melinda »

I think that if you pass both Sutton and Wilsons but have put Sutton first on the CAF, you can still change your mind and take Wilsons as they write and ask you. I could be wrong. I guess it depends on your mark in the tests.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thanks but he missed Wilson's by 0.5 of the mark (he was 334th and they only took 313 I think)
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Yes they do give you the option of going, I just wondered what had made Surreymother2 change her mind.
melinda

Post by melinda »

I have heard today that there are just 25 boys on the sutton grammar waiting list. Anyone heard different?? Seems a short list to me.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Is your son on the waiting list too?
melinda

Post by melinda »

No, he got a place and, as it was our first choice, we are very happy (as is he). I have an interest as some of his mates are on the list, one got a place last week so there is some movement. I know of at least one boy who will very likely give up his place. Apparently, I have been informed, that there can be offers after the start of term in September. Some kids don't turn up as they have gone private and the parents have not bothered to inform the school. A very thoughtless thing to do.
Hope you hear something soon.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you. Will let you know if we have any good news.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

They took boys off the Wallington waiting list last year I think and still had 5 vacancies which they filled in January after holding another exam in December
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now