Commute from Hounslow to Wallingtom

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fazal

Commute from Hounslow to Wallingtom

Post by fazal »

My son has been accepted at Wallington Grammer School

I am looking for a bus\coach service from Hounslow or near here which could take him there

Please advise asap

Fazal
streathammum

Re: Commute from Hounslow to Wallingtom

Post by streathammum »

I'm not aware of any private coaches serving Wallington Boys, although someone may have started one since I last checked. The TfL journey planner website gives journeys of in excess of one and a half hours - not surprising given how far away the school is from Hounslow and the fact that there are no direct train lines.

If you can get across to Hatton Cross/Teddington you could pick up the X26, but it's still an hour and they only run every 20 minutes or so.

Have you considered moving closer?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Alternatively, train to Clapham Junction and then change to train for Wallington.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Yes, but TfL still gives a journey time for that of an hour and 25 mins, and that's starting at the actual train station. You could trim a little - it doesn't take 33 mins to walk to the school from the station - but it's still a long and awkward journey. I wouldn't do it as an adult.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

OP, is your DS on the waiting list for a school you ranked higher on your CAF, which is easier for him to get to?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Thamiz

Post by Thamiz »

Hi, My DD has also got to travel from Hounslow to Wallington if there are more people to join we all can jointly figure out for a way if possible..?
Thanks
Sal.
rocky

Post by rocky »

I agree the X26 is the best solution for this however 1 hour each way minimum will mean your child comes home quite tired every day. You also need to factor in late finishes on somedays. Given the Covid-19 situation is not likely to change much until a vaccine comes out, would you be comfortable sending your child on public transport until then? Good luck!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Wally Girls is not on X26 route. You need change to another bus or take about 30 minutes walk to the school.

Very long commute, not fit even for adults.

Until a place comes up in Tiffin Girls, go for some local school. I think that some parents are holding on to both Tiffin and private school places and that some places will come up in Tiffin by September.
rocky

Post by rocky »

tiffinboys wrote:Wally Girls is not on X26 route. You need change to another bus or take about 30 minutes walk to the school.

Very long commute, not fit even for adults.

Until a place comes up in Tiffin Girls, go for some local school. I think that some parents are holding on to both Tiffin and private school places and that some places will come up in Tiffin by September.
The original post was for someone's DS @ who had a place at Wallington County Grammer not Wally Girls. So the suggestion of X26 still holds good.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Your post appeared after thamiz post for Hounslow to Wally Girls. My post relates to that query.