Tiffin School (boys) 2020 Allocation and WL

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin School (boys) 2020 Allocation and WL

Post by tiffinboys »

BabaPabz wrote:doc on the school website show the initial numbers of offers....http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/adm ... 202019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

almost always 180
Well, it says 186 in 2019
So I stand corrected to that extend.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tiffinboys wrote:
BabaPabz wrote:doc on the school website show the initial numbers of offers....http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/adm ... 202019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

almost always 180
Well, it says 186 in 2019
So I stand corrected to that extend.
'Over offer', or 'temporary increase in PAN'?

'Over offer' implies extra places offered initially in the knowledge that the actual number in the year group will manage itself down to PAN, with an intention to run at PAN. Offers would only be made from the waiting list once the number fell to PAN-1.

Temporary increase would involve the intention to run that year group (only) at a number higher than PAN. Offers would be made from the waiting list at (PAN + temp. additional number)-1.

How many boys are there in each form in the current year 7 - 30 or 31?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Never thought about it before. Always thought classes were of 30 recently, since PAN increased from 140. Will ask DC if he knows about it.

Meanwhile, perhaps some current year 7 parent could clarify.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

One kind parent just confirmed her DS is in class of 31.

So no over offer, but temporary increase in PAN last year.
shantpdl

Post by shantpdl »

I heard from parents and from tuition centers that WL moves quickly.
I believe ; if there are many students on same score of waiting list the preference would be given to those living in IPA(inner priority area).
Historically, there are evidence on this website of elevenplus , the waiting list moves down to even 5 numbers from the cutoff score. So fingers crossed.-:(
BabaPabz

Post by BabaPabz »

Hi,
I can see from the Tiffin girls thread that further offers have been made (or assured) and WL position revealed.

Does anyone know what is happening with Tiffin Boys? The initial email says WL positions will be revealed just before Easter, but I suppose the school is now closed for Easter holiday and we have not heard anything yet. I know the circumstance are not exactly ideal now, just wondered if Tiffin girls have done it why not the boys?
Meredusoleil

Post by Meredusoleil »

I think in the Tiffin Girls thread someone said that letters were going to be posted out giving the waiting list positions. So maybe that's what will happen with the boys too?

Also, just because the schools are closed to children, it doesn't mean staff (especially admissions staff at this crucial time) won't still be working behind the scenes!

I know the LEAs are busy currently making a second round of offers, so surely that would have to be on consultation with the schools who hold the exam results info?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Did no one receive WL letters or even offers as yet?
Tryingtokeepup

Post by Tryingtokeepup »

There were delays with the LEA’s confirming acceptances to the school. I know this because the school contacted me the week before last to check if we were accepting. I think it’s coming, just delayed. The wait list may not move so much as previous years with Covid-19 crisis as parents who ideally would have wanted private may be changing their minds now.
newtothis1

Post by newtothis1 »

Has anyone received any offers from the council?

Does anyone have any recent update Richmond council?