Tiffin Girls School - 2020 Allocations and WL

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
magic16

Re: Tiffin Girls School - 2020 Allocations and WL

Post by magic16 »

Hello, hope someone could help me.
My DD passed first stage Tiffins. She got her first choice now (a different Grammar school) but I would like to know how she did at Tiffins.

How could I find out?

Many thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

magic16 wrote:Hello, hope someone could help me.
My DD passed first stage Tiffins. She got her first choice now (a different Grammar school) but I would like to know how she did at Tiffins.

How could I find out?

Many thanks
Have you tried asking the school (or have a look on the website in the first instance, to see whether there is anything on there about the policy / procedure)?
Last edited by ToadMum on Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

A Data Subject request under Data Protection laws?
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
newtothis1

Post by newtothis1 »

Any idea on scores on waiting list?

Heard about 106.6 and 106.5. Anyone above 106.6?

Thanks
manyaonisland

Post by manyaonisland »

magic16 wrote:Hello, hope someone could help me.

How could I find out?

Many thanks
If she has appeared for second round then you would get an email from school with her score.
ShaqArif

Post by ShaqArif »

My daughter had 105.8.

The accompanying email said "Based on our experience of recent admissions rounds and the extent to which the waiting list has moved in recent years, we would expect your local authority will be able to make an offer in the coming months.". Hope this is true, but I'm a bit nervous/pessimistic. :-(
rukmesh

Post by rukmesh »

ShaqArif wrote:My daughter had 105.8.

The accompanying email said "Based on our experience of recent admissions rounds and the extent to which the waiting list has moved in recent years, we would expect your local authority will be able to make an offer in the coming months.". Hope this is true, but I'm a bit nervous/pessimistic. :-(
Our DD goes to TGS (she is in year 7 now) and she was in the waiting list. Her score was 101.xx and she got an offer in May 1st week itself. Do not worry. Just be relaxed and I am quite certain you will get the good news soon.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

rukmesh wrote:

Our DD goes to TGS (she is in year 7 now) and she was in the waiting list. Her score was 101.xx and she got an offer in May 1st week itself. Do not worry. Just be relaxed and I am quite certain you will get the good news soon.
Your offer is likely to come very soon, perhaps before end of March 2020.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

Unfortunately it just means waiting, no idea if it will take 2 months or 5 months. So although you are on this forum worrying, just have to park it, and not think about it for a while, as nothing you can do until things happen.

What happens first, is all the late (since application form went in) changes, those who have moved, asked for their preference order to be switched etc get processed (so someone who had higher score but now wants to change to TGS from another allocated school will jump in above you on waiting list). This is why schools won't issue waiting list numbers immediately (people get upset if think they are at say 12 on day 1, but then discover they have fallen few places a week later)

The waiting lists normally wont be issued for a while, this actually seems to have slipped as it was 2-3 weeks when my DD did this 7 years ago, but now seems to take nearer 5 weeks (and some years if Easter is early is after term ends).

A figure that I have never seen published is how many places were offered, did they offer 180, or maybe say 190 as they know always at least 20+ declines will come in. Because of this probably be April before new offers are made (and will be whole batch together, so could be at 7 on waiting list one day and get offer next day). Later on will be much smaller batches, or one place at a time offers

The school knows historically the number that are likely to decline, which is why they have indicated you should get a place (although timescale isn't given). So that is your reassurance. If you were marginal and its 50/50 if getting one of the last places in August or September (and in past have been some come up a few days into term) then wouldn't be getting this version of letter.
magic16

Post by magic16 »

Hi re my previous post ...
Hello, hope someone could help me.

How could I find out?

Many thanks

I called Tiffins school today and I was told we will not find out her final results as Tiffins was not her first choice and since she got a higher preference school, therefore she is not on the waiting list , so not point on given us her final score :-(

V disappointed by this - I just thought it would be nice to know wether she would have got a place there based on her finall scores or not... Well, I guess doing that would be too much paper work for the school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now