In Year Transfer for Tiffins Girls School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
theknightrider

In Year Transfer for Tiffins Girls School

Post by theknightrider »

My daughter started her year 7 in Sept 2019.We moved to Barnet for the school.Unfortunately we all have been struggling to settle down here.As a result we thinking of moving back.Saying that ,TGS comes in our catchment and my daughter had cleared TGS at her 11 plus exam.

Are there any chances of getting a in-year transfer at TGS?
mad?

Re: In Year Transfer for Tiffins Girls School

Post by mad? »

There is an explanation of Tiffin Girls School in year admissions process here
You would be looking at Year 8 and ordinarily, as you can see, the test would be towards the end of this term. However, in the current climate I would imagine that the testing regime may have been suspended. I would suggest you contact the school. Good luck.
mad?
theknightrider

Post by theknightrider »

mad? wrote:There is an explanation of Tiffin Girls School in year admissions process here
You would be looking at Year 8 and ordinarily, as you can see, the test would be towards the end of this term. However, in the current climate I would imagine that the testing regime may have been suspended. I would suggest you contact the school. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply .I did contact the school and they told me the same thing as you have said above.My concern is has anyone got in year admission in TGS until now anytime.Does the school consider such a situation or flatly refuses saying that its full? I may sound a bit silly here but I really need to know if someone has gone through something like this!
mad?

Post by mad? »

From posts on this forum it appears that places do occasionally come up, due to family relocations etc, and DDs have got in on this basis, but it is not common.
mad?
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

Places do occasionally come available, but you are basically having to wait until someone else leaves because their family is relocating away

But of course could be others trying to get in, so might not get a place that comes up.
theknightrider

Post by theknightrider »

thank you mad? and snowdaddy

quite a mess i am in !!! keeping fingers crossed.
Kriti-1

Post by Kriti-1 »

This year in TGS my DD in WL#60+, It’s nearly impossible to get the chance via WL
Is any possibility to in year admission
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Kriti-1 wrote:This year in TGS my DD in WL#60+, It’s nearly impossible to get the chance via WL
Is any possibility to in year admission
Only if someone leaves and your DD sees off any competition for the place.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
rocky

Post by rocky »

Places do come up occasionally.

Going to somewhere like Tiffins, whilst is a great achievement to get in, children can be a big fish in other ponds and do very well for themselves.

You also have to understand what the impact is on the whole family. I've read earlier in this same thread people moved to the other side of London and then have not settled down and had to move back.
Kriti-1

Post by Kriti-1 »

Thanks Toadmum
I thought everyone got only 1 chance & in year admission is only allow for new entry.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now