Sutton Grammar PTA mock tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mocks

Sutton Grammar PTA mock tests

Post by mocks »

Anyone who has booked an A, B or C test with us, please check your email inbox, junk and spam folders as we have sent you important information about either obtaining a full refund or transferring to our new online tests. Full details are also on the website.
Flustered

Re: Sutton Grammar PTA mock tests

Post by Flustered »

Real shame they have had to cancel their normal tests; they were always such a great experience. However, given the circumstances, it makes complete sense.

Just checked the SGS PTA website, and it looks like anyone can book the online test session and it even includes an English writing task.
bridge

Post by bridge »

Hello All,

My son sat the online exam today. It had a question with the 'greater/less than or equal to' symbol in the answers. I was just wondering if that symbol specifically was part of the KS2 syllabus. I cannot find any reference to it in the National Curriculum from the DofE. Can anyone tell me if it is part of KS2?

Many Thanks
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Can anyone tell me if it is part of KS2?
I believe it is introduced at KS1.
Year 2 programme of study
Statutory requirements
Pupils should be taught
 compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; use <, > and = signs
 compare and order lengths, mass, volume/capacity and record the results using >, < and =
bridge

Post by bridge »

Thanks for the reply.

I saw that they were used individually as you have pointed out but not with a line underneath. For example this symbol '>' . My son had to ask me what the symbol meant.

Guess I'll quickly run through it.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Hi, the > symbol is not introduced until KS3 so it is not an appropriate question to be in the 11+ test.
bridge

Post by bridge »

Thanks. I checked the KS3 Curriculum and it has a specific reference to < and >. I assume it's not part of KS1/2.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now