Best wishes SET 2020 pls do not reveal after test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
spoon123

Re: Best wishes SET 2020 pls do not reveal after test

Post by spoon123 »

Same here DS found them easier...same worry hoping avoided silly mistakes.
Pinkey

Post by Pinkey »

I’m somewhat concerned now after reading these posts… :) My daughter said the English SET was a breeze, but the Maths paper was as hard as the 2nd SGS Maths paper this year (& she scored really well in the SGS mocks). She didn’t get to finish the Maths paper yesterday (she still had 5 questions remaining, so had to guess them quickly without reading the q’s, ouch!), perhaps this was due to exam stress. If the Maths was indeed easier this year, I think we have a slim chance with 5 q’s remaining/guessed, but we’ll just have to wait and see… . Good luck to all!
Hab

Post by Hab »

I am
Pinkey wrote:I’m somewhat concerned now after reading these posts… :) My daughter said the English SET was a breeze, but the Maths paper was as hard as the 2nd SGS Maths paper this year (& she scored really well in the SGS mocks). She didn’t get to finish the Maths paper yesterday (she still had 5 questions remaining, so had to guess them quickly without reading the q’s, ouch!), perhaps this was due to exam stress. If the Maths was indeed easier this year, I think we have a slim chance with 5 q’s remaining/guessed, but we’ll just have to wait and see… . Good luck to all!
Same here...I am concerned now....My son did very well in all home practice tests and in mocksup papers...And he couldnt finish his math paper and said it was hard and lengthy....
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

My son didn't finish the maths paper of his SET and is now in Y10 at Sutton GS.

Children are very unreliable reporters when it comes to how well they've done. You'll know very soon whether they're through or not - my best advice is not to try to second-guess it and to put it out of your mind until results day.
Pinkey

Post by Pinkey »

That's very true, indeed, and great advice! I need to find something else to focus on over the coming days :).

QQ: The 2nd stage Maths is a lot harder usually (I recall from my older daughter who is now in yr 9 of Walli Girls) - what sort of material are you all using to prep for this 2nd stage Maths?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now