Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:11 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:01 pm
Posts: 25
My son has invited for second stage for Wilson and Sutton grammer but couldnt achieve for Wallington. I am very disappoitned as there are very less chances for Wilson's and SGS now

Is there any hope now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:23 pm
Posts: 3
Don't give up hope, we are in the same situation. Sutton's bar must be set lower than Wallington. My DS is an October baby and we are out of catchment, I don't know if this makes an impact on the result we just received. Lack of confidence in securing Wallington does make your heart sink, but now all efforts will have to be put into the Sutton/Wilson 2nd stage on the 28th.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 106
I have just posted some thoughts on this on the other thread. I suspect it could be a case of SGS and Wilson’s lowering the boundary, perhaps because of COVID to give lots on similar scores more of a chance to show what they can do in the second round. Wallington does usually use their applicant list to very near their boundary, therefore it wouldn’t make sense to raise their boundary. I’m speculating though, obviously.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm
Posts: 34
is that possible wallington set criteria for each subject?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 106
sonnyash wrote:
Don't give up hope, we are in the same situation. Sutton's bar must be set lower than Wallington. My DS is an October baby and we are out of catchment, I don't know if this makes an impact on the result we just received. Lack of confidence in securing Wallington does make your heart sink, but now all efforts will have to be put into the Sutton/Wilson 2nd stage on the 28th.


There would have been a slight age standardisation adjustment, but catchment doesn’t come into play in the scores.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:38 am
Posts: 137
The SET pass mark has always been higher for Wallington than SGS or Wilson. There's probably older threads discussing this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:01 pm
Posts: 25
what is the weightage formula for Wilsons and SGS for final score? Means how much weightage they give it to first stage. I cant see such thing in thier websites


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:29 pm
Posts: 8
I think this link may help on the weighting

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ey-11-plus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 106
Hab wrote:
what is the weightage formula for Wilsons and SGS for final score? Means how much weightage they give it to first stage. I cant see such thing in thier websites


From memory, Wilson’s do 1:2:2 and SGS do 2:2:3:3. So 80% still to come for Wilson’s and 60% for SGS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:12 pm
Posts: 24
Hab wrote:
My son has invited for second stage for Wilson and Sutton grammer but couldnt achieve for Wallington. I am very disappoitned as there are very less chances for Wilson's and SGS now

Is there any hope now



Hi Hab,
congratulations for getting the invitation for the second stage. Please do not feel disappointed as he has still got a very good chance for both the schools. Wilson's only consider 10% of the the first stage and SGS 20%. They both are very much reliant on the second stage marking. So all the best for the next stage .Keep working hard for the coming 7/8 days and give your best shot. I am very much aware of few boys who had the same last couple of years but have got places in either Wilson's or Sutton as they did remarkably well in their second stage exam.
All the best!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021