Passed Wallington & Sutton but not Wilson’s

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elevenplusjourney

Re: Passed Wallington & Sutton but not Wilson’s

Post by elevenplusjourney »

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it. Long wait will soon be over. Good luck to everyone.
Twilight80

Post by Twilight80 »

elevenplusjourney wrote:Thank you for your reply, appreciate it. Long wait will soon be over. Good luck to everyone.
Hi elevenplusjourney

Just wanted to know if you managed to secure a place in Sutton Grammar or Wallington school ? We are very much in similar situation like you but didnt get a place in any of the two schools and currently on waiting list in Sutton Grammar.
elevenplusjourney

Post by elevenplusjourney »

Hi Twilight 80. My son got an offer in Wallington and is currently on waiting list in Sutton. We are out of catchment area on any of the Sutton schools. All the best!
hopoe

Post by hopoe »

Good luck to everyone on the waiting list, don’t give up hope there will be movement, my DS was at no 24 in March and got a at SGS place on day 2 of term. We didn’t put Wallington on the list as not commutable for us.
Twilight80

Post by Twilight80 »

Thanks for sharing.

My DS fell short of 12 marks for Wilson cutoff score and we were hoping to get a place in either Sutton grammar or wallington, however didn’t get an offer. We are waiting to see his rank on the waiting list for wallington.

Any idea if there is any hope?
hopoe

Post by hopoe »

I would think there is good hope. The difficult thing of course is it’s not in your hands and dependent on a range of factors, not least the decisions made by other parents. Some will decide to take up a place at an independent, others might leave London. Some will realise the commute from their home is unfeasible. I rang the admissions officer at SGS after Easter and every couple of months thereafter and they let me know DSs position in the WL. Sometimes it didn’t move much, but around the summer holidays it went up steeply. Good luck all.
Twilight80

Post by Twilight80 »

Thanks Hopeo for your reply - this gives some hope :)

At the moment there are 91 children in waiting list in Sutton Grammar , and Wallington will inform after 15th March.

Best of luck to everyone.
AJsurrey

Post by AJsurrey »

Hi
Are there any parents whose DS got into Wallington and knows the stage 1 SET score? We have got 173 and trying to see if there is any hope as we are currently left with no school at all even the comprehensive ones so very anxious at the moment.
Also would appreciate if anyone knows how to convert the SET score to wallingtons pass mark which I believe from some previous threads is 218.9 .

Many thanks!
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

What do you mean about not having a school? Your local authority should have offered you a place at a school and you should accept it. If you don't accept it, the local authority has no obligation to offer you another that you prefer and you may be left without a school at all.

If you are very unhappy with the school you've been offered you should get in touch with your local authority to ask how you can make late applications to schools that you didn't initially have on your CAF so that you can be put on their waiting lists. Good luck.
AJsurrey

Post by AJsurrey »

Yes we were quite shocked as well when the letter said ‘no offer possible currently’- we have been offered no school at all and the local authority have been in touch since then saying they will be putting my son on the waiting list of other local comprehensives including the ones we had put down and will look to find a place before the start of the term.
Hence in a very strange situation.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now