Passed Wallington only - Set Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
willpower

Re: Passed Wallington only - Set Scores

Post by willpower »

willpower wrote:
tootingmum01 wrote:Hi,

@willpower Yes,the score was from Sutton school after not getting through stage 2 for SET that was standardized.They only offer 15 places for those inside catchment.I am only 45 mins away from school.Thats why confused if 182 set standardized score was not good enough for a place.How come 10 on waiting list?I thought they won't release this years wl until end of march?

@MummyinCJ We didn't go through the private route so its going to be a waiting game especially with lots of competition this year.Keeping our fingers crossed.Good luck to you and hope you get what you hoped for.

Anyone else willing to share if in similar situation as this?

Thanks
Thank you. I guess Wallington's way of scoring is different to SGS so the SGS Set scores were just a guideline. I think you have a good chance on waiting list but will just need to wait that bit longer.....painful I know. Do keep us updated.
AJsurrey

Post by AJsurrey »

My son has got a combined score of 173 for stage 1 and are on the waiting lists for both Wallington & Tiffin Boys.
Appreciate to know if 173 is a hopeful score for Wallington?
kath001

Post by kath001 »

Hi All,

Got waiting list of 49, any likelihood of getting an offer?
AJsurrey

Post by AJsurrey »

We are thinking the same- got waiting list number of 39. Don’t know if there is any hope.
dh28

Post by dh28 »

AJsurrey wrote:We are thinking the same- got waiting list number of 39. Don’t know if there is any hope.
kath001 wrote:Hi All,
Last 3 years' waitlist movement here:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1700322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1712012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2018 late offers from our waiting list (after National Offer Day in March)

40 offers were made to students from our waiting list

2019 late offers from our waiting list (after National Offer Day in March)

38 offers were made to students from our waiting list

2020 late offers from our waiting list (after National Offer Day in March)

33 offers were made to students from our waiting list
tootingmum01

Post by tootingmum01 »

@willpower My DS has finally been offered a place yesterday.W e are both elated.

For those waiting this will help-Timeline:WL position 6 offered place 20 April.Heard up till position 7 offered yesterday.1-3 offered 19th April.
willpower

Post by willpower »

tootingmum01 wrote:@willpower My DS has finally been offered a place yesterday.W e are both elated.

For those waiting this will help-Timeline:WL position 6 offered place 20 April.Heard up till position 7 offered yesterday.1-3 offered 19th April.
That is great news! What a relief for you - many congratulations. Best of luck to all those still waiting.
Bojack

Post by Bojack »

kath001 wrote:Hi All,

Obviously, every yr is different, etc. But looking at the various bits of info gleaned from the Freedom of Information requests, yes I would say 49 has a decent chance of getting an offer.

We have a lot of information in the public domain now, including the average size of the waitlist (80-110), plus how many children have been left on the WL when it closes in Dec. For the 2 years I saw, that was 7 and 11.

We also have the number of offers made to the WL. For the previous 2 years, it was 33 & 38.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1700308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That implies most people on the WL don't take their place in the end. Makes sense, as people will have other irons in the fire, better commutes, etc. That's what isn't in the public domain, and in fairness they probably don't keep records of this. How many people get a phonecall, but simply say, "sorry, we've got something else"?
Birdie21

Post by Birdie21 »

Hi All ,

Any update on the waiting list ? Any offers being made ?
Bojack

Post by Bojack »

Update received yesterday.

16th Mar - 27th
7th May - 15th
28th Jun - 5th