Primary school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

neha.anand

Primary school

Post by neha.anand »

Hi everyone, not 11+ related. Need suggestion regarding brookfield primary school in Cheam SM3 please. We currently live in Sutton and planning to move in that area Poplar road, SM3. Closest school is Brookfield. Looked at the ranking in 2018 it was 894 but in 2019 it was 6329. Bit concerned about this. Will be great if I can get some guidance if it's a good school to go in? How is this area for families?Thanks in advance.
Oneoftwothings

Re: Primary school

Post by Oneoftwothings »

I have indirect experience of the school, because it is in the same trust as our primary school. My initial reaction would be to say if you could be in catchment for Cheam Park Farm, put that first!

However, a lot is done as a Trust, including much of the online learning, so all the schools benefit from that. My understanding is that if a school is struggling in some areas, the schools within the Trust share resources to improve them - eg. the more successful schools offer help. I would expect Brookfield to improve as a result. Plus, Poplar Road is extremely close to the school and such a short walk is perfect. Look into the LEO Academy Trust to see what they have on the horizon.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now