Extra support in Wilsons/SGS/Wallington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dh28

Extra support in Wilsons/SGS/Wallington

Post by dh28 »

I have posted questions in Independent schools forums regarding choosing between private or grammar schools, and am posting a cross post here specifically for requesting help from Wilson/SGS/Wallington parents.

Question for all the the parents in Wilsons/SGS/Wallington school:

How valuable was the support from the school for helping students to transition to university from the secondary school, other than the A level preparation? How well are extra preparations (e.g. Oxbridge, International colleges) supported for students (if they are so inclined)?
Last edited by dh28 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Re: Extra support in Wilsons/SGS/Wallington

Post by ToadMum »

dh28 wrote:I have posted questions in Independent schools forums regarding choosing between private or grammar schools, and am posting a cross post here specifically for requesting help from Wilson/SGS/Wallington parents.

How valuable was the support from the school for helping students to transition to secondary school, other than the A level preparation? How well are extra preparations (e.g. Oxbridge, International colleges) supported for students (if they are so inclined)?

Unless something in there is a mistype, you do realise that no state grammar school and not even the most 'prestigious' indie is likely to have A level preparation as part of its year 7 transition package? Frankly, I would give a very wide berth to any school that did.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dh28

Re: Extra support in Wilsons/SGS/Wallington

Post by dh28 »

ToadMum wrote:
dh28 wrote:I have posted questions in Independent schools forums regarding choosing between private or grammar schools, and am posting a cross post here specifically for requesting help from Wilson/SGS/Wallington parents.

How valuable was the support from the school for helping students to transition to secondary school, other than the A level preparation? How well are extra preparations (e.g. Oxbridge, International colleges) supported for students (if they are so inclined)?

Unless something in there is a mistype, you do realise that no state grammar school and not even the most 'prestigious' indie is likely to have A level preparation as part of its year 7 transition package? Frankly, I would give a very wide berth to any school that did.
Yes it was a typo, apologies! I did mean to ask about the help available from these schools for transitioning to universities from the secondary school, and have corrected the earlier post to reflect this.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now