Nonsuch in-catchment scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
galentina

Re: Nonsuch in-catchment scores

Post by galentina »

far wrote:The Walington girls offered a place to my daughter on Monday. She is so happy and loves the school.
Congratulations, far!
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Congratulations far! My dd has absolutely loved her first week at Wally girls, I’m sure your dd too will be happy there.
far

Post by far »

thank you very much. my daughter loves it. apart from morning traffic as I am dropping her ,everything is perfect.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Wally Girls and Nonsuch have published their September entry scores for 2021 entry. Looks like both schools now publish theirs separately.

Nonsuch scores moved very little between March and September, however I have heard of a new dd joining Nonsuch year 7 last week, so sounds like it has taken some time for things to settle this year.

All IC girls who passed stage 2 and applied for Wally Girls would have received an offer this year.

https://www.wallingtongirls.sutton.sch. ... pdf?pid=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.nonsuchschool.org/uploads/as ... scores.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Thanks for sharing, Golden75. We are in-catchment for both schools, so that’s very reassuring.
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

Golden75 wrote:All IC girls who passed stage 2 and applied for Wally Girls would have received an offer this year.
Thanks for the analysis Golden75 and pure speculation on my part.. but as I understand the School only categorises scores as either IC and OOC. I am conscious that there is a separate provision of about 35 seats for children in receipt of Pupil Premium (who on average need about 10% less than the qualifying marks in SET and each of the second stage papers). Similar provisions for Looked After Children. Reverse engineering the 242 mentioned as IC cutoff.. I suspect it must refer to the score of a child in receipt of Pupil Premium or a LAC - because the pass cutoff for SET last year was 205, and the second stage cut offs were in the region of 77 and 79 in Maths and English. An IC child not in receipt of Pupil Premium / not LAC, would by consequence have a score higher than 258 (half SET cutoff + 77 + 79).

If my above thinking is true, I presume it wouldn't be safe to assume that every DD who passed second stage and applied to WHSG got it. Not that I am hoping this is right!
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

Upset Dad wrote:
Golden75 wrote:All IC girls who passed stage 2 and applied for Wally Girls would have received an offer this year.
Thanks for the analysis Golden75 and pure speculation on my part.. but as I understand the School only categorises scores as either IC and OOC. I am conscious that there is a separate provision of about 35 seats for children in receipt of Pupil Premium (who on average need about 10% less than the qualifying marks in SET and each of the second stage papers). Similar provisions for Looked After Children. Reverse engineering the 242 mentioned as IC cutoff.. I suspect it must refer to the score of a child in receipt of Pupil Premium or a LAC - because the pass cutoff for SET last year was 205, and the second stage cut offs were in the region of 77 and 79 in Maths and English. An IC child not in receipt of Pupil Premium / not LAC, would by consequence have a score higher than 258 (half SET cutoff + 77 + 79).

If my above thinking is true, I presume it wouldn't be safe to assume that every DD who passed second stage and applied to WHSG got it. Not that I am hoping this is right!
Looking at the Distribution of scores for 2021, it seems only 23 candidates scored less than 260 in GLT second stage. How did you arrive at cutoff scores for last year. Did schools publish it anywhere?
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

Upset Dad wrote:How did you arrive at cutoff scores for last year. Did schools publish it anywhere?
Think I got the year wrong.. but it will surely still be there or thereabouts.

Here's a ref to a recent cutoff.
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/secondary/ ... Wallington" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Also, if you look at page 5 of the Admissions policy, bullet under para 5.4 - it refers to (by way of example) a NWSSEE cut-off of 80 each for Maths and English.

https://www.wallingtongirls.sutton.sch. ... 7&type=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

Upset Dad wrote:
Upset Dad wrote:How did you arrive at cutoff scores for last year. Did schools publish it anywhere?
Think I got the year wrong.. but it will surely still be there or thereabouts.

Here's a ref to a recent cutoff.
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/secondary/ ... Wallington" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Also, if you look at page 5 of the Admissions policy, bullet under para 5.4 - it refers to (by way of example) a NWSSEE cut-off of 80 each for Maths and English.

https://www.wallingtongirls.sutton.sch. ... 7&type=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks - so I guess cut off are informed only to those who miss it? Anyways its an assumption that PP and LAC candidates will score low and need that 10% rule. They can score high as well I assume, and as per 5.2.3 in case of insufficient eligible candidates in that criteria the spaces are open as per 5.2.4. For WHGS the published PP offers were 2018- 15; 2019- 15 and 2020- 10.LAC offers were 0

I dont think we can say for certain that for 2021 entry, the 23 candidates scoring below 260 were PP/LAC. They can be anyone IC/OOC.
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

Samurai wrote:Anyways its an assumption that PP and LAC candidates will score low and need that 10% rule.
Not assuming that. There will be a mix of both PP / LAC / IC / OOC candidates with scores in that region.. just that IC / OOC will be considered not meeting the selective eligibility, if lower than the IC / OOC cutoff, but PP / LAC with similar scores will be deemed eligible. But, this is besides the core point I was trying to make.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now